Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

3Dmapping\Modeling with the X-star

Jagerbomb52

Reaction score
A couple of years ago I was playing around with this software called agisoft photoscan. At the time I only had my Typhoon Q500 and the camera does not record exif data which made using the program harder to use. I did manage to get some good models but gave up after a while. Now with the camera on the X-star it saves Jpegs with the exif data. Great time to dust off the agisoft program :) Was out yesterday and flew around my neighbourhood using the timelapse feature set to 5 seconds I took 32 photos and ran it through agisoft. The program is a very resource hog so a slow computer just will not cut it. :)
Here is a screen capture of what I was able to do with the program. If I had a 3D printer this could be printed if I wanted to.

I have also included a link to a pdf file of it. If you have a updated Adobe reader with the 3D option enabled you can spin it around. Pretty cool.

City Block.pdf

City Block.jpg

Reactions: brian bwin and ray
Thanks
A guy on one of the facebook pages asked if I could upload the 3D stl file so he could try and print it. I ended up cropping just the A-frame church and he went to work with his 3D printer and came up with this little model. He said its about 4 inches long. :)
Thought that was cool also
16473968_1410565745642199_814364721223184157_n.jpg

That is super awesome! I could definitely see a market for this service with high res image/print. Heck, it would be great for model train builders to include extremely accurate models in their layouts Or could you imagine doing your whole town up just for fun? I am so pumped about this, thanks so much for sharing

So has anyone even tried to use pix 4 or any of the other mapping softwares?
And what's the worse that could happen if it didn't work? Could you have fly away?

So has anyone even tried to use pix 4 or any of the other mapping softwares?
And what's the worse that could happen if it didn't work? Could you have fly away?
There are no compatible third party apps for the Autel aircraft. Unfortunately until there is an SDK from Autel there won't be any apps.

Reactions: Springer
A couple of years ago I was playing around with this software called agisoft photoscan. At the time I only had my Typhoon Q500 and the camera does not record exif data which made using the program harder to use. I did manage to get some good models but gave up after a while. Now with the camera on the X-star it saves Jpegs with the exif data. Great time to dust off the agisoft program :) Was out yesterday and flew around my neighbourhood using the timelapse feature set to 5 seconds I took 32 photos and ran it through agisoft. The program is a very resource hog so a slow computer just will not cut it. :)
Here is a screen capture of what I was able to do with the program. If I had a 3D printer this could be printed if I wanted to.

I have also included a link to a pdf file of it. If you have a updated Adobe reader with the 3D option enabled you can spin it around. Pretty cool.

City Block.pdf

View attachment 247
So what was the mph of the xstar when u were flying to grab this?
Most stitch together programs need a 80% over lap.

Ok so next question. So can the xstar have a second monitor linked to it. Or goggles? So a second person can watch what your seeing?
Seems to me everything I've read in this forum I see ur the admin but you also appear to be the authority on xstar..

Ok so next question. So can the xstar have a second monitor linked to it. Or goggles? So a second person can watch what your seeing?
Seems to me everything I've read in this forum I see ur the admin but you also appear to be the authority on xstar..
You could probably use a tablet with an HDMI out and hook up a set of Fatsharks or similar. If the tablet shows an image on the tablet as well as the goggles you're golden. I use iPads so I can't test it out.

You could probably use a tablet with an HDMI out and hook up a set of Fatsharks or similar. If the tablet shows an image on the tablet as well as the googles you're golden. I use iPads so I can't test it out.
Yeah I use iPads to..
I'm all Apple except this xstar..
Trying to figure out how if I used it for search in a field how I could get a second set of eyes on what I was seeing as well..
This flys really well and I guess the color is what sparked my instrest and the Suport being state side but dang they need to hurry and catch up with some software..
Ok thanks..

You can use Chromecast on the tv if you want to share...

Reactions: Springer

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bigmaxsg