Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

4Hawks Raptor XR install issues

68Blkbrd

Reaction score
OK , I followed the install on YouTube. Wasn't too difficult but I ran into a problem with the camera gimbal pitch dial. I had to remove it and reinstall per instructions. Each time I turn the drone and remote on the camera goes to 90° (straight down). Rotating the gimbal dial does nothing. I can move it back to zero by adjusting it manually without using the dial (exacto). The dial goes into the pot one way only. What am I doing wrong? All cables and ribbons are connected properly. Gimbal works fine in the Starlink app on tablet.
Any thoughts?

Last edited:
Sounds like a mechanical issue within the switch housing to me? Does the switch return to center, under spring power, when you roll it both ways and let go of it? If not, perhaps the spring slipped out of place?

Sounds like a mechanical issue within the switch housing to me? Does the switch return to center, under spring power, when you roll it both ways and let go of it? If not, perhaps the spring slipped out of place?
The spring was put in place several times and returns to center after rotating both directions as it should.

Contacted 4Hawks and they said that I should contact Autel about it being a controller issue. I contacted Autel and they said that the 4hawks range extender must have damaged the gimbal switch. Autel says I voided the warranty and the repair is on my responsibility. I spent $139 for a range extender only I find out that it damaged the controller. Autel won't sell me a new gimbal switch. That really pisses me off!!!! Each company blames the other. What should I do now?

OK , I followed the install on YouTube. Wasn't too difficult but I ran into a problem with the camera gimbal pitch dial. I had to remove it and reinstall per instructions. Each time I turn the drone and remote on the camera goes to 90° (straight down). Rotating the gimbal dial does nothing. I can move it back to zero by adjusting it manually without using the dial (exacto). The dial goes into the pot one way only. What am I doing wrong? All cables and ribbons are connected properly. Gimbal works fine in the Starlink app on tablet.
Any thoughts?
I had the same thing happen to me when I installed my Raptor XR. I accidently took out the wrong screws and caused the dial and POT to become separated slightly and the POT was moved accidently causing it to be no longer calibrated to the dial position. I actually separated the two fully turned the POT either fully CW or CCW I can't remember its been about 6 months. I re-installed the assembly with the POT in that position and its been working right since then. Hope this helps.

I had the same thing happen to me when I installed my Raptor XR. I accidently took out the wrong screws and caused the dial and POT to become separated slightly and the POT was moved accidently causing it to be no longer calibrated to the dial position. I actually separated the two fully turned the POT either fully CW or CCW I can't remember its been about 6 months. I re-installed the assembly with the POT in that position and its been working right since then. Hope this helps.

Kdub2051, That sounds about right but I couldn't get the dial and the POT to work together. I could get the gimbal to move by manually moving the POT with an exacto.
Once I put it back it didn't work. Strangest thing is that the throttle activates the gimbal. As if they were mixed! It shows on the cabration screen this way too

Kdub2051, That sounds about right but I couldn't get the dial and the POT to work together. I could get the gimbal to move by manually moving the POT with an exacto.
Once I put it back it didn't work. Strangest thing is that the throttle activates the gimbal. As if they were mixed! It shows on the cabration screen this way too
I had to put it back to stock. Autel has it now and I have to pay for the repair since I voided the warranty by installing the range extender.

Last edited:
Autel has it now and I have to pay for the repair since I voided the warranty by installing the range extender.
At least when you get it back you will be very pleased with the Raptor XR. The only times I get any video alerts are when the Pumpkin is on the ground after initial boot-up. In the air the range is crazy and video/controls are rock solid it makes flying so much more enjoyable. I pushed it out to 2.5 miles once before RTH kicked in. I could have gone further if I had increased my altitude. Play with the antenna tilt to get the best signal.

Reactions: Rawdog
I'd have to take Autel's side. The controller cleared worked okay before the modification.
Need we say more?

Reactions: Rawdog

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuckster58