Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

A follow up on Master Airscrew props

If the nuts are just loose in the props you can snap them into place. The problem ones are the ones where the nuts weren't drilled and tapped deeply enough to ever tighten down.

Yes very true but I wonder if you got your X-Star and went to put on the stock props and the nuts just flopped around inside the hex opening would you be satisfied?

I'm not sure it so simple. Wish it was. These are integrated into the prop.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    564.6 KB · Views: 12
Mine the nuts were tight but the props still wobbled. I actually had a hard time unscrewing them.

I got two sets from my daughter for Christmas. Out of the 8 props, 5 had lose nuts. Wrote Master Airscrew and got the same reply as Agustine. However, they offered to send me new props, which they did without delay. This morning I open them up and find 6 of the 8 to be lose.

One would think they would check them before sending. The nuts are so lose you can move them by hand. Sent them another emai along with a short video. Haven't heard back as of yet.

Been there, but is actually my mistake. The nuts are not glued to the props so they can move a bit. This is totally ok as when you put the props on the motors shaft it tights down and fits perfectly.

The problem many are complaining about is actually in the metal nut itself - not drilled deep enough so the prop cannot go all the way in to tighten on the motor.

Had couple of e-mails with those guys from Master Airscrew and can say I'm delighted. They did not let me down thought sometimes I can be quite stubborn. Perfect customer care! Thank you!!!

Mine the nuts were tight but the props still wobbled. I actually had a hard time unscrewing them.
well, if the nut is not deep enough eventually it will be tightened to the end of the motor shaft, but the props wont be all the way in. This is why you get the wobble

Went to get the mail this morning and found a package from Master Airscrew. They said they were thankful I emailed them about all the complaints I was seeing on forums and facebook about the lose props. They sent out two sets to me, one set white and one set black.
Both sets have the built in nuts and all were tight.

20180129_092824.jpg

Good deal. They seem to be doing the right thing by us customers. They sent me the same combo as a replacement for the two black sets I got for Christmas. Unfortunately, I wasn't as lucky with my replacements. Also, they still haven't replied to my email / video, whereas they replied within hours to my first. And that too was on a weekend.

Went to get the mail this morning and found a package from Master Airscrew. They said they were thankful I emailed them about all the complaints I was That'sg on forums and facebook about the lose props. They sent out two sets to me, one set white and one set black.
Both sets have the built in nuts and all were tight.

View attachment 1877
That's great news looking for to mine getting here soon

The overlap plastic of the mold is still there. I just take light sand paper and clean up the edges but the built in nuts seem fine. The funny thing about all this I had emailed them on the weekend about others getting back just the same garbage props that they were suppose to be replacing and also mentioned that I had not received the free set they had offered me. Well I get a email today from the lady in the office saying I am so sorry I will get a new package out to you today. In the meantime I went to my P.O. Box and the other ones were there waiting for me. LOL
Oh well They can send out a few more free sets if they want. :)

She also said everyone that works there is sick with the flu so if you don't get a return email right away not to panic.

Wondering how long it will take to get mine. They should have received my wobbly ones on the 16th or so.

Wow. I paid extra and sent them back like 2 day shipping and never heard anything yet. I'm in the next state over. Should only take 3-4 days at most after they mail it.

Ticks me off we have to PAY to ship back defective products
I thought the same thing and when I paid like over 7 bucks to get it there within 2 days I thought I would have gotten them by now. I was also very very surprised that I was asked to send them back when I told them and could basically prove I bought directly from them the month before. They could have checked that on their side and just sent me a new set instead of making me wait all this time. We'll see what happens.

I thought the same thing and when I paid like over 7 bucks to get it there within 2 days I thought I would have gotten them by now. I was also very very surprised that I was asked to send them back when I told them and could basically prove I bought directly from them the month before. They could have checked that on their side and just sent me a new set instead of making me wait all this time. We'll see what happens.
Yeah you should have gotten the same courtesy, they really need to step up on their Customer Service

Yes very true but I wonder if you got your X-Star and went to put on the stock props and the nuts just flopped around inside the hex opening would you be satisfied?

It's not the same setup as the stock props. With the MAs, the 'hex opening' (really just some tabs) only keeps the nuts there while the props are off. They don't affect the operation unless you manage to cross-thread them because you didn't notice they were sitting crooked, which would be hard to do I think. But the badly-drilled ones can't be fixed unless you drill and tap them deeper yourself. Which wouldn't be hard either...

UPDATE!!
I just talked to head of customer service over at Master Airscrew because I had not received my props back and she said my letter and props were sitting on her desk. She informed me that all the ones they were replacing right now were still old stock but they went through them one by one checking that they were tight. She informed me the new stock (from China) will be here this next week and also informed me I should wait for those to show up so she can send me some of those instead. They did get a different manufacturer to produce them.
So for those who got wobbly ones back I'd wait till this next week and contact them again to get the new stock.

Was that Jennifer? She does try to make things right.
Yes sir. Jennifer Brown. I phoned her and we spoke for a while. She's sending me two sets to compensate for the delay. Very professional lady.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jagerbomb52

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rudymuller