Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

A review of the EVO

Jagerbomb52

Reaction score
Very informative review from this guy. At least we know why it is not released yet. I kind of figured it had to do with firmware.

"
My Review of the Evo.
Disclaimer I'm not paid nor am I an employee of Autel.

Saturday at IDD in Tacoma, I was given the opportunity to take off fly and land the Evo.
Both sticks inward. Take off and hover at 10 foot. No issues. Yawed right and left. No drop in altitude like the old inspire 1 used to do. Test forward back left and right. Bird responded with zero lag. At this point I felt I was in full control of the bird. Climb to 75 feet. Again short test of yaw and all control surfaces. . Positive. Began short oval pattern again I felt in complete control of the bird. First issue I did notice was at throttle the yaw (turns with thrust) seemed to be a bit wide. This is in comparison to other drones I have flown. Not a deal breaker. Just an adjustment on flying style. Flew one figure 8 same. Andrew commented to me that the fw is still in beta. But I'm happy with it at this point. The only other issue. Active braking. Seemed a bit much. I never looked at the screen to see if props came into view. But if they did. A seasoned pilot would learn to avoid that. Not a deal breaker. Finally just a couple of quick straight flights lines. Fly's smooth. And true. Mavic pilots will appreciate that. The Mavic has issues at times.
Finally I defended rapidly to see how much turblance affected it. It was like floating down on a cloud.
Decend to 1 foot off the ground. And align with landing pad. Nailed the center of the pad.

All in all. I was impressed with the flight of the EVO.
I'm a seasoned pilot who owes several drones. Been flying since 2012. My idea of a fun afternoon is sitting in a lawn chair with a good cigar and just flying. Half the time I'm not even looking at the screen . I just enjoy flying. And watching my birds do their thing. I don't do orbit or waypoint or litichi or any of that crap. I fly. And this bird does what I like.
I'd like to thank Andrew and the folks at Autel for entrusting me with the EVO. They have a real winner on third hands. But I think they know that.
Feel free to ask me any questions. I'll give you an honest answer.
Curtis
Recon RC"

Reactions: HiloHawaiian
Very informative review from this guy. At least we know why it is not released yet. I kind of figured it had to do with firmware.

"
My Review of the Evo.
Disclaimer I'm not paid nor am I an employee of Autel.

Saturday at IDD in Tacoma, I was given the opportunity to take off fly and land the Evo.
Both sticks inward. Take off and hover at 10 foot. No issues. Yawed right and left. No drop in altitude like the old inspire 1 used to do. Test forward back left and right. Bird responded with zero lag. At this point I felt I was in full control of the bird. Climb to 75 feet. Again short test of yaw and all control surfaces. . Positive. Began short oval pattern again I felt in complete control of the bird. First issue I did notice was at throttle the yaw (turns with thrust) seemed to be a bit wide. This is in comparison to other drones I have flown. Not a deal breaker. Just an adjustment on flying style. Flew one figure 8 same. Andrew commented to me that the fw is still in beta. But I'm happy with it at this point. The only other issue. Active braking. Seemed a bit much. I never looked at the screen to see if props came into view. But if they did. A seasoned pilot would learn to avoid that. Not a deal breaker. Finally just a couple of quick straight flights lines. Fly's smooth. And true. Mavic pilots will appreciate that. The Mavic has issues at times.
Finally I defended rapidly to see how much turblance affected it. It was like floating down on a cloud.
Decend to 1 foot off the ground. And align with landing pad. Nailed the center of the pad.

All in all. I was impressed with the flight of the EVO.
I'm a seasoned pilot who owes several drones. Been flying since 2012. My idea of a fun afternoon is sitting in a lawn chair with a good cigar and just flying. Half the time I'm not even looking at the screen . I just enjoy flying. And watching my birds do their thing. I don't do orbit or waypoint or litichi or any of that crap. I fly. And this bird does what I like.
I'd like to thank Andrew and the folks at Autel for entrusting me with the EVO. They have a real winner on third hands. But I think they know that.
Feel free to ask me any questions. I'll give you an honest answer.
Curtis
Recon RC"
Yea, I thought so too. FW (SW) is such an issue in everything today!

Interesting that there was no comment on the oled screen...that is such a unique feature to the EVO....
I will evaluate everything else, all the rest of that "crap", if Autel will send me an Evo for the weekend....

Reactions: HiloHawaiian

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials