Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Airspace Authorization

Another +1 for kittyhawk, only annoyance is I can't use it in landscape mode when I'm already mounted in the rc preparing for flight.

I use AirMap. I prefer AirMap because I'd like the interface much better thann Kitty hawk. AirMap also provides the maximum height in the grid display where as Kittyhawk does not. In my opinion the airspace class indications are much clearer. Either one will get your authorization through.

I use AirMap. I prefer AirMap because I'd like the interface much better thann Kitty hawk. AirMap also provides the maximum height in the grid display where as Kittyhawk does not. In my opinion the airspace class indications are much clearer. Either one will get your authorization through.

+1 airmap for the max height grid

Reactions: MNT DRONE SOLUTIONS
In addition to AirMap and Aloft (formerly KittyHawk), I recently discovered my AMA (Academy of Model Aeronautics) membership (which is required to fly with others at my local model aircraft field) includes access to UASidekick at no cost. UASidekick's web interface enables drawing polygons on a computer with a large screen that carve out exactly the area of controlled airspace you want to request FAA approval for, and to exclude any national security areas if needed. Instead of the request failing with no explanation, it will tell you exactly what you need to change in order to get approval. It took some time, but I was even able to draw polygons that wrap around airports to demonstrate responsible, law-abiding drone flight. See https://uasidekick.com/ama/

Attachments

• SDF_LOU_100feet.png
    SDF_LOU_100feet.png
    4.1 MB · Views: 2
  • SDF_LOU_200feet.png
    SDF_LOU_200feet.png
    4.3 MB · Views: 2
Reactions: kenautelevo2pro

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics