Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Another about FW 1.1.6

Kestrel

Reaction score
Hello all. I wonder if any of you might have advice.

I have a new Dual V3 and have been unsuccessful in updating the with the new firmware 1.1.6. Android and the app are both apparently current, but no matter what I try I cannot get the firmware to “take”. OTA fails on upload telling me to “reboot” the drone , which I have done (also restarting the v3 Smart Controller) numerous times. No joy. Have also tried via th SD card by downloading the FW folder from Autel, putting it on an empty SD card, putting the card in the bird, then starting the bird and the controller, on which I can watch the update happening. Eventually app reports the update as successful. However, after then restarting both the bird and the controller, on going back into software update in the app to verify the firmware, I am again told to update the firmware (to 1.1.6) again, which again, fails.

Because this system is so new, is there any way to just restore/reset all to default and then start the update process all over again? I do see a few flights logged on the system from a year before I got it (new), but those appear to be QA flights. I thought maybe it was choking on this update because other previous updates that have been published in the last year needed to be installed first. So……I thought resetting and building up the updates one by one would work but I see no way to return everything to default.

Thoughts/ideas?

Apologies for the windy post but I thought I’d anticipate questions and try to include those answers in my question.

Thanks very much!

one thing the told me was to start the drone and let it idle for several minutes and then put in the SD card

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smaxfieldapi