Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Another way to kill yourself!

LOL, I think I’d want prop guards on this slicer/dicer. Can you image sitting SO CLOSE to 4 blades spinning that fast? If you didn’t die from a crash, you might be a quadriplegic when you landed...

Reactions: KentA
I saw this one on the news yesterday... absolutely stunning to watch... It's my understanding that both occupants are critical.

I saw this one on the news yesterday... absolutely stunning to watch... It's my understanding that both occupants are critical.
What I don’t understand — is the location. I’m thinking this is a relatively untested X-Plane. You might want to fly it in a place like Kitty Hawk. Those Wright Bros. we’re pretty sharp dudes...

Beta testers must be difficult to find. Maybe you and your wife can become test pilots to make sure everything about them will be perfectly safe for us ordinary folks to fly. It will be especially important to repeatedly fly them until the batteries are almost fully discharged to make sure they don't suddenly fall to the ground before the indicated remaining flight-time reaches zero.

Beta testers must be difficult to find. Maybe you and your wife can become test pilots to make sure everything about them will be perfectly safe for us ordinary folks to fly. It will be especially important to repeatedly fly them until the batteries are almost fully discharged to make sure they don't suddenly fall to the ground before the indicated remaining flight-time reaches zero.
Putin would have no problems finding beta testers! His political prisons are full of them!

Putin would have no problems finding beta testers! His political prisons are full of them!
So true but he doesn't have to look beyond his own military. The pilots are human lab rats. I was fortunate to host Lt. Viktor Belenko at the Reno Air Races one year. He defected from Russia to Hakodate, Japan in a Mig 25 Foxbat. One of the great stories he told (after being lubed up with Scotch and Vodka) was that Russian pilots deployed to the outer borders of Russia were not allowed to arm their ejection seats. In fact, there was a locking mechanism placed into one of the safeties. The concept that if you were going to defect, you would be shot down and go down in flames without the possibility of survival.

So I can hear the conversation between the test pilot and the Scorprian 3 engineers, "Why does my restraint system have a lock on it?"

So true but he doesn't have to look beyond his own military. The pilots are human lab rats. I was fortunate to host Lt. Viktor Belenko at the Reno Air Races one year. He defected from Russia to Hakodate, Japan in a Mig 25 Foxbat. One of the great stories he told (after being lubed up with Scotch and Vodka) was that Russian pilots deployed to the outer borders of Russia were not allowed to arm their ejection seats. In fact, there was a locking mechanism placed into one of the safeties. The concept that if you were going to defect, you would be shot down and go down in flames without the possibility of survival.

So I can hear the conversation between the test pilot and the Scorprian 3 engineers, "Why does my restraint system have a lock on it?"
OMG, you got to meet him? Very brave man. I read a great book about it — Mig Pilot — hard to put down. He planned it meticulously. The USSR doesn’t give them enough fuel to defect, and he knew his wife and child would pay a price. He had to plan his route with great precision, and land on 1st pass no matter what. I think he landed in the wrong direction in Japan, as the locals watched in disbelief, skidding off the end of the runway...

Among the many secrets Belenko spilled was that Soviet jet experts faced a serious problem: despite the use of grain alcohol, an old but effective de-icer, the windshields of MIG-25 Foxbat interceptors were icing up. What had gone wrong? According to Belenko: Soviet crew chiefs on the ground were drinking the grain alcohol to relieve Siberian boredom and surreptitiously replacing the liquid with water.”

Met him? Oh yeah and more. He hung out in our race pit for better part of the week. Signed autographs, told stories etc. He crashed (figuratively) in my room a couple of nights. The stories are beyond belief. He's a hilarious guy.

Reactions: HiloHawaiian
Actually, i like the design. But, that propeller might need to be redesigned or put something like guard, or it could be turned down, else some random citizen could be hit with the propeller

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bigmaxsg