Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Any help appreciated.....Pensacola Beach

PR: It looks like your Auto settings worked great. You got excellent pictures.
I was recently in the Cayman Islands (taking pictures around and over the lsland of Little Cayman. The day I flew my XSP, the wind was blowing at a constant 30 mph+. At first, I was a little concerned about putting my XSP up. BUT... once I got it up and saw how (incredibly) stable it was, I was amazed and flew it with complete confidence. Even in high wind, it held it's position within inches, and when I viewed both video and stills from the flight, there was no indication at all that the wind was blowing so hard. Needless to say, such flying skill (from the aircraft) really impressed me. I did notice that (in the wind) the aircraft went through battery a little quicker than usual. But, that is because it was competing with the wind - and the aircraft won the competition. The XSP is one solid aircraft!

Thanks for sharing your great pictures.

Reactions: PRMath
  • Kent, in many cases, you are correct. My wife and I shoot underwater stills and video. Underwater, colors change about every 6 feet as the water filters out the reds, yellows, purples; leaving only the blues. Additionally, many fish are darting around and a picture can easily consist of interesting objects, both far and near from the lens. Whew! It is really a challenge! Fortunately, automatic settings are really a blessing to us, and to many photographers. I know of a very well-known photographer, who has published many books, and that photographer will tell anyone that many of his best pictures have been taken with a cheap point-and-shoot camera in automatic settings.
Most often, manual modes are used to create special and unique imaging. Those of us who take pictures with drones have our unique challenges as well: Motion of the aircraft, distance, angle, lighting (where's the sun!?) spatual perception, etc. So, for the majority of us, we relic any and all the automatic functions we can get! As you say, "Thank goodness for 'Automatic!'

Reactions: KentA
It has been my experience that auto settings cannot be improved by personally interfering.
I also agree with that........ 99.99%
But Sometimes when trying to hit on a really great sunset or sunrise pics ....... tweaking is needed
This past Thursday night I had to take a break from flying due to a bout with Heart attack but I’m out, home and the Dr said just using my thumbs would be OK..... :)

Best wishes go to you. Hope you feel better soon!
Take Care!

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials