Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

ANYBODY REALLY TIRED OF AUTEL's EXCUSES?

JSTorsrud

Reaction score
I have written to Autel numerous times and still get the run around and nothing but excuses!

Quote: "We are very close to a release date"!

OK, WHEN? What is Autel waiting for. They certainly must have their Chinese Manufacturing Setup?

Anyway, I guess I'll have to continue waiting. Just getting really frustrated with the whole ordeal!

If I had to make a wild-*** GUESS it’s a software reliability issue. A random bug or two. The hardware is designed, the factories ready. Bugs in code can drive you nuts, the patch can cause new issues. It takes manpower, money and time...

If I had to make a wild-*** GUESS it’s a software reliability issue. A random bug or two. The hardware is designed, the factories ready. Bugs in code can drive you nuts, the patch can cause new issues. It takes manpower, money and time...

The really scary part if you are correct in the delay is when it gets to the consumers and another problem comes along and there will be problems is the amount of time it takes Autel to fix the problems. We who waited over a year for one update remember all to well.

Reactions: HiloHawaiian

You may be right. But, as I told Autel in an Email this morning, I wish they would post something on their website, (throw us a Bone)! Since they have stopped supporting the X-Star, they basically have all their Eggs in One Basket with the EVO. I don't use FAKE BOOK or INSTA CRAM, so anything that might be posted there I don't see.

Autel needs to step up their game or they are gonna be a faded memory!

The really scary part if you are correct in the delay is when it gets to the consumers and another problem comes along and there will be problems is the amount of time it takes Autel to fix the problems. We who waited over a year for one update remember all to well.
Exactly. Even M$ & Apple can take a loooooooong time to fix S/W bugs, b/c they are complex pretzel-logic monsters. My new Sony Android TV froze last week. Dead until I unplugged it & restarted it, twice. Their S/W update was a bomb, they reverted back a day later....

At this point I bet they're finishing production overseas. The initial EVO debut was more of a way for Autel to get a feeling for the market and interest. From these shows they've been calculating whether to produce a large amount or smaller amount based on feedback.

It wouldn't make sense from a business perspective to just make a million units if you don't know how the market will respond.

I bet they're doing the 1" offering. Be nice if the cameras were hot-swappable.

I have written to Autel numerous times and still get the run around and nothing but excuses!

Quote: "We are very close to a release date"!

OK, WHEN? What is Autel waiting for. They certainly must have their Chinese Manufacturing Setup?

Anyway, I guess I'll have to continue waiting. Just getting really frustrated with the whole ordeal!

Where in the heck are you sendings these emails to?

Since they have stopped supporting the X-Star, they basically have all their Eggs in One Basket with the EVO

They haven't stopped supporting the X-Stars, just stopped making them. The Autel CEO himself has said the support for the X-Stars will continue. Batteries are scarce right now but more should be coming. Obviously, as he's said, a time will come when support will cease but even then I expect my X-Stars to continue flying... IF I haven't worn them out!

Here's his statement:

"At Autel Robotics, we make taking care of our customers first priority.

With the much-anticipated launch of EVO, we want our customers to know that Autel Robotics will continue to provide support for our current products, X-Star and X-Star Premium. Our goals of providing quality products and services have not changed; and we intend to uphold our promise of providing support to our customers, for all products. As with all technology products, there will come a time that we are unable to supply parts for repair, but that is far in the future.

Our Part-107 certified customer service agents are available 7 days a week via phone, email, and chat.

Please continue to stay up to date on products and availability by visiting our website and social media channels.

— Jeff Powell, Vice President, Autel Robotics"

Last edited:
Reactions: KentA
I bet they're doing the 1" offering. Be nice if the cameras were hot-swappable.

I would not hold your breath on a 1" sensor on the EVO.
DJI has given up on the 1" sensor for the Mavic Pro II and is testing the sony IMX226, the 1/1.7" CMOS sensor which is smaller and will fit into the camera size on foldable drones.
The camera on the Phantom models are much larger and can handle the 1" sensor.
https://www.sony-semicon.co.jp/products_en/IS/sensor0/img/product/cmos/IMX226CQJ_Flyer.pdf
But than again if you follow this guy on twitter (OsitaLV)who is suppose to have inside info says DJI is going to release 2 models with 2 different sensors. LOL
The game changes every day so who knows what is coming.
IvkEAYe.jpg

As for the batteries being scarce Andrew from Autel posted on the facebook page that it will be at least another 3 weeks before they get a shipment. When I asked why they don't keep a larger stock or why is it so hard for them to get batteries he refused to answer.

Last edited:
Any man who competes in any venue knows when he's overextended himself verbally. A trait that Autel fails to understand. :)

If it's of any help Autel just released some 4K video last night of the EVO and the 2 drone retailers I do work for have placed there orders, paid for, with Autel for the pre orders and extras. Given a released date and now just waiting for the delivery. Anyone want to see the 4K EVO images and videos here's a drop box link.

Yup we do
The 4K video is just OK in my opinion, nothing special about the 60fps on my monitor. Plays fine but my X-star's video look just as good.
The DNG files at least have the added exif info this time.
The real tests will be orbits and camera panning.

Next week I'm flipping a coin. EVO heads, Air Tails. The release date of the EVO is close but also price point and needing a compact drone I can go anywhere with, get up and get down fast and walk away. Maybe the Air first and EVO later in the year after all the news and views are out.

Reactions: yrless

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elio-Italy