Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Autel Evo 2 Remote ID?

Garst

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me if there is a remote ID module available for the Autel Evo 2 V2? Everything I have found online so far says that Autel is NOT going to provide Remote ID for the Evo V2 which means I am SOL unless I can find a module.

Can anyone tell me if there is a remote ID module available for the Autel Evo 2 V2? Everything I have found online so far says that Autel is NOT going to provide Remote ID for the Evo V2 which means I am SOL unless I can find a module.
If only this topic was discussed already...

No, Autel does not manufacture external or add-on RID modules. No, the Evo V1 and V2 will not get firmware upgrades that make it happen without an add-on modules. No, you are not SOL. If you have a v1 or v2, you will need to purchase your own external RID module, which there are numerous available online from various manufacturers. This is what you and tens of thousands of drone owners will need to do for older drones without the function built in.

If only this topic was discussed already...

No, Autel does not manufacture external or add-on RID modules. No, the Evo V1 and V2 will not get firmware upgrades that make it happen without an add-on modules. No, you are not SOL. If you have a v1 or v2, you will need to purchase your own external RID module, which there are numerous available online from various manufacturers. This is what you and tens of thousands of drone owners will need to do for older drones without the function built in.
Thank you for the straight forward answer!

From Dronetag Support:

Flight planning is currently exclusive to Dronetag Mini with Network Remote ID over a cellular network. At present, Dronetag Beacon doesn't store flight data within the app. However, we're actively developing a new feature that will enable Beacon users to download and sync their flight data to the cloud. I apologize for the current lack of clarity and emphasis in the app.

We are actively working on this, recognizing the confusion it has caused. The flight planning or Fly Now functionality is not required for Beacon use. Simply turn it on, and once it begins blinking white, you're ready to take off.

BREAKING: FAA Remote ID Deadline Extended 6 Months​

Today, September 13, the FAA Remote ID deadline has been extended by 6 months. Drone operators will now have until March 16, 2024 to comply with the remote ID for drones regulations. Find the rule in the Code of Federal Regulations here: or at the FAA website here.

Reactions: MNT DRONE SOLUTIONS

BREAKING: FAA Remote ID Deadline Extended 6 Months​

Today, September 13, the FAA Remote ID deadline has been extended by 6 months. Drone operators will now have until March 16, 2024 to comply with the remote ID for drones regulations. Find the rule in the Code of Federal Regulations here: or at the FAA website here

TO BE EXTREMELY CLEAR.....

YOU DO NOT GET ANOTHER 6 MONTHS WITHOUT REMOTE ID!!

They FAA will still be enforcing the remote ID law. Enforcement will be on a case-by-case basis depending on the individual situation. The FAA is only extending the no compromise hardline enforcement date because sadly, there are only a few companies mass-producing remote ID modules and they are overwhelmed with orders, making it nearly impossible to keep up with production. That In and of itself speaks negatively to our industry already, in that people and companies did not take this issue seriously.

Please do not think that you can just go and fly without a remote ID module and have no worries, because you CAN'T!

You will still be liable for prosecution and it will only further tarnish our industry reputation and public image.
As a sUAS pilot it is your responsibility to make sure that your aircraft is compliant!!!
If you absolutely need to continue to fly, then you should purchase an aircraft that is remote ID capable. I have purchased two additional aircraft that are both remote ID compliant so that I will not have an interruption in my business. It is not like this law was dropped on us at the last minute. The FAA gave us years of warning to prepare!

Remember that our industry has been allowed to fly. The FAA did not need to work with our industry and make exceptions to airspace authorizations for unmanned aircraft. Our ability to run a business in this industry is a privilege, not a right. I plead with you to not be "THAT GUY"!!!

That just muddy's the water for the rest of us who have invested our time, energy and hard earned dollars into running a legitimate compliant business!

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Marwan