Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Autel FLIR Availability

Flyhi

Reaction score
Everyone seems to be very excited about the flir duo becoming available early 2017. However on Autel's website it indicates that these will not be available to non US military end users. These were heavily touted at the CES 2017 show for the consumer market. The phantoms already have this platform. So I am confused about their availability to the civilian market? Can anyone help clear up my confusion? Many thanks.

Sent from my SHIELD Tablet K1 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Rawdog
They clarified this on the Autel Owner Facebook group and if I understand correctly any consumer/citizen can purchase the FLIR DUO when it becomes available.

For military applications only the United States military is allowed to purchase.

Any country that is on the hit list for the US is not allowed to buy them. Citizen or military. That list is getting bigger everyday it would seem from the news LOL

I'm a bit confused. Are we talking about the 20 MP camera that is supposed to debut?

I'm a bit confused. Are we talking about the 20 MP camera that is supposed to debut?
No, autel is coming out with a gimbal mounted FLIR Duo, it is an infrared camera.

Sent from my SHIELD Tablet K1 using Tapatalk

Reactions: TSmith
Have we been given specs on the FLIR camera yet? I'd like to know which handheld model it best compares to.

Really liking that
Autel now is now teasing us with the FLIR Duo page at their website:

FLIR Duo Bundle | Autel Robotics

Really liking that MSX Blended Image...

From page: "This product cannot be sold to military end-users outside of the US or shipped to embargoed nations. We will cancel or verify all orders that appear to be connected to military customers outside the U.S."

Really liking that

Really liking that MSX Blended Image...

From page: "This product cannot be sold to military end-users outside of the US or shipped to embargoed nations. We will cancel or verify all orders that appear to be connected to military customers outside the U.S."
That won't affect non-military users so the members here have no worries as long as your wallet can take it. :D

I just got an answer from Andrew at Autel via Facebook Message about the FLIR duo who said they expect it to be released near the end of the month, meaning this one I guess.

Well that would go along with the new firmware release. Makes sense as I think the FLIR needs the new firmware.
Here is specifically the response from Autel on the FB page:

"We are still planning on having the Flir released by the end of June. Some firmware changes that Flir themselves did before the release required some adjustments on our end. We also redesigned the gimbal to have more clearance when the aircraft is resting on it's landing gear."

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials