Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Autel is out of business

There are many "claims" in regards to this subject. There are also many "theories". And many "opinions". Some supporting AR, some not.

As I've said already, I could give a squirt of pee about these. The logistical facts speak for themselves. AR lied to us a year ago. In the next couple months we'll see if they've lied again.

If by the time my XSP has expired AR has it figured out, I'm in. If not, I'm out. There were a lot of dedicated consumers in regards to the Edsel. That changed nothing.

Ever since January 1, and this years' (2018) CES show, the amount of negative speculation about Autel has been both amazing and disappointing to me. People (on the forum) who have been satisfied Autel owners, and who have praised Autel, suddenly found it easier to be impatient and negative as Autel has constantly assured everyone (via personal messages) that they are here to stay. A few (speculative) forum members expressed that Autel's behavior was/is similar to that of a company who is going out of business. In fact, that couldn't be more wrong. A company who is going out of business drops out of sight. They don't communicate with past customers, and they don't showcase a new product for future customers. They don't bother sending ALL their employees to the extremely expensive CES show, and they don't spend money by going to CES so that they can lie to future customers about a product they don't really intend to produce!. Unfortunately, we see similar pessimism in many areas of our modern society in which we have become accustomed to expect 'instant gratification'. I'm sure that, if Autel kept selling XSP drones (until the day the EVO is available), then there would be many people who would be angry because they were sold an XSP while they could have purchased a much more capable product - if the manufacture would have been more open about the new product. But, in fact, Autel has been VERY open, very honest, and has accurately given us good reasons to wait as their new product reaches the market. Also, marketing today, (especially for such a highly coveted product), is more complicated that the average person understands. They are dealing with an International market. I know of two people in Indonesia, who are presently DJI owners, who can hardly wait to put their hands on a new Autel aircraft. Both people say the same thing: "We don't want an XSP because we already have Phantoms, and they are very similar. Instead, we want something (from either DJI or Autel) that is significantly better than anything else they can get now (for the same price)." In fact, they know that I will probably see the EVO before they do and they are both prepared to have me purchase their aircraft here in the U.S. for them.
Nearly all of us share the same interest and passion in droning. But, it has been disappointing to see just how many people are ready to throw in the towel because they haven't received instant gratification.
I have an idea: How about putting the same amount of time and energy into supporting and looking forward to the new EVO, rather than putting time and energy into looking for reasons to get on a forum and pronounce a company 'doomed?'
Sorry, I disagree! All the negative speculation about Autel that you find in this blog has been brought about because of Autel. Their business model does not leave much room for a success story here. From the get-go when they introduced the XStar.... poor PR, firmware very very slow in development and after release, it was not fine tuned or completed. New products were announced for the X Star by Autel to be released mid yr of 2017... Never happened! Lack of info from Autel about the companies business plan...any plan! In all aspects of the business. I personally called and emailed inquiring about their firmware updates and about the new cameras for the X Star... nothing but the sound of crickets is what I received. Now.... the positives.... Customer support is very good. The XStar is a great product! Multiple camera options that were to be interchangeable which was the very best idea for droning but unfortunately they gave up on it. (This was the deal breaker for me.) So you see... for a new company, they have really put all their eggs in one basket with the EVO which as I hear from all the hype is something all drone heads would love to have. But here we are with the onset of a new drone to be released from Autel and no specific release date... just soon! For me, this is not very reassuring that all will go well with the EVO based on past practice. I bought my XStar in July 2017 and love it! I can't afford to buy the EVO so I will fly my XStar as long as I can. Autel has made mistakes and I do hope that Autel will learn from them if those mistakes haven't been too costly or damaging. I love their XStar and I do hope that they release the EVO very soon and I'm hoping it will be a huge success. And one more thing! DJI DOES NOT OWN THE DRONE MARKET! They think they do and want to... that is why I want Autel too win those lawsuits. The competition will work best for all.

Sorry, I disagree! All the negative speculation about Autel that you find in this blog has been brought about because of Autel. Their business model does not leave much room for a success story here. From the get-go when they introduced the XStar.... poor PR, firmware very very slow in development and after release, it was not fine tuned or completed. New products were announced for the X Star by Autel to be released mid yr of 2017... Never happened! Lack of info from Autel about the companies business plan...any plan! In all aspects of the business. I personally called and emailed inquiring about their firmware updates and about the new cameras for the X Star... nothing but the sound of crickets is what I received. Now.... the positives.... Customer support is very good. The XStar is a great product! Multiple camera options that were to be interchangeable which was the very best idea for droning but unfortunately they gave up on it. (This was the deal breaker for me.) So you see... for a new company, they have really put all their eggs in one basket with the EVO which as I hear from all the hype is something all drone heads would love to have. But here we are with the onset of a new drone to be released from Autel and no specific release date... just soon! For me, this is not very reassuring that all will go well with the EVO based on past practice. I bought my XStar in July 2017 and love it! I can't afford to buy the EVO so I will fly my XStar as long as I can. Autel has made mistakes and I do hope that Autel will learn from them if those mistakes haven't been too costly or damaging. I love their XStar and I do hope that they release the EVO very soon and I'm hoping it will be a huge success. And one more thing! DJI DOES NOT OWN THE DRONE MARKET! They think they do and want to... that is why I want Autel too win those lawsuits. The competition will work best for all.
Extremely well said and I agree 1000%

its hilarious to hear new Phantom 5 will have interchangeable lens....Autel was there with the XSP, they could have put anything they wanted in that gimbal and made it work. They could have opened up the SDK and given 3rd party vendors a crack at developing hardware and software....interchangeablility in drone accessories will be the next big thing....Autel was so close....with a platform to build off of...

its hilarious to hear new Phantom 5 will have interchangeable lens....Autel was there with the XSP, they could have put anything they wanted in that gimbal and made it work. They could have opened up the SDK and given 3rd party vendors a crack at developing hardware and software....interchangeablility in drone accessories will be the next big thing....Autel was so close....with a platform to build off of...
What is so hilarious is your feeble attempt at dissing AR. Tried.jpg

Im sorry, what I though was funny was DJI is moving towards what Autel had, in part, in the XSP platform, and Autel (EVO) is moving towards what DJI had (old Mavic Pro).
I am a proud Pumpkin owner, sold on unfullfiled promises, but still fly it never the less...
I dont intend to diss Autel, I point to Autel's current website (and store) to exemplify the caliber of the company we are dealing with., albeit the best customer service in the industry.

Were family here, and its like being at thanksgiving dinner with the inlaw's sometimes....ha!

Im sorry, what I though was funny was DJI is moving towards what Autel had, in part, in the XSP platform, and Autel (EVO) is moving towards what DJI had (old Mavic Pro).
I am a proud Pumpkin owner, sold on unfullfiled promises, but still fly it never the less...
I dont intend to diss Autel, I point to Autel's current website (and store) to exemplify the caliber of the company we are dealing with., albeit the best customer service in the industry.

Were family here, and its like being at thanksgiving dinner with the inlaw's sometimes....ha!
I don't think you are dissing Autel at all. Just telling the truth that some just don't want to hear.
I totally agree with your statement that Autel is not producing anything new. Just another folding UAV that has been done before. Playing catch up is not bad but when you are already a year behind it is time to stop playing catch up and move in front of the pack with something new and fits today's market.

Well I have to stick with Autel for now. Every time I send them a question they get right back to me. I just hope someone will pick up making batteries so we have an endless supply for years to come.

I don't think you are dissing Autel at all. Just telling the truth that some just don't want to hear.
I totally agree with your statement that Autel is not producing anything new. Just another folding UAV that has been done before. Playing catch up is not bad but when you are already a year behind it is time to stop playing catch up and move in front of the pack with something new and fits today's market.

I agree.

Telling the truth is one thing...repeatedly battering a dead horse is quite another.

Telling the truth is one thing...repeatedly battering a dead horse is quite another.
Flogging a dead horse (alternatively beating a dead horse, or beating a dead dog in some parts of the Anglophone world) is an idiom that means to continue a particular endeavour is a waste of time as the outcome is already decided. Autel is a dead horse so get on with your life Squirrel and get yourself some fresh nuts :)

Flogging a dead horse (alternatively beating a dead horse, or beating a dead dog in some parts of the Anglophone world) is an idiom that means to continue a particular endeavour is a waste of time as the outcome is already decided. Autel is a dead horse so get on with your life Squirrel and get yourself some fresh nuts :)
If Autel is a dead horse, why the constant flogging, or as better put, battering? What is so hilarious is you guys have all the answers but where are you in the real world?
Please tell me who/what is the dead horse?
That the Evo had so much potential, that Autel is behind DJI now, Autel won't comment...all discussed ad nauseum. And it continues. Absolutely no constructive sustenance what so ever.

If Autel is a dead horse, why the constant flogging, or as better put, battering? What is so hilarious is you guys have all the answers but where are you in the real world?

That the Evo had so much potential, that Autel is behind DJI now, Autel won't comment...all discussed ad nauseum. And it continues. Absolutely no constructive sustenance what so ever.

Where is the sustenance to support your position?

Because it seems the meme are all anyone understands. You asked for the sustenance of which I spoke and now you are off adding to it.

AR knows what's up without 'loyal patrons' constantly harping on them that they "better hurry or the [mythical] Mavic II will be out with it's [mythical] 1" sensor!" & "they've already lost the sales" yapping. What? You think by harping on the same deficiencies over and over and over yet again is going to make any difference? AR is doing what they said they would do. Launch in the SECOND quarter! Not the 1st, not the last, the SECOND which doesn't even begin for a few more hours, FFS!

As I said earlier, y'all have AR dead and buried and taking a leak on it...

It really doesn't matter much...y'all just want what is first, not what is best...that's what separates the men from the boys. o_O:p:D

happy.jpg

WOW, I figured by the majority age group in here it would be a little more mature chat and not so confrontational about peoples opinions (which are mostly all facts).
Rather than hijacking the thread, why don't you take it into private and discuss your issues. Or just respect others opinions and leave it at that.
Back to the topic............ They are not going out of business.
And before I get bashed, I have always said I love my XSP and will fly it till it dies and see what's available after that.

I totally agree. Autel is not going out of business.

They haven't introduced a new product in over a year.

They have failed to introduce any new product that they claimed was coming.

But they are not going out of business.

Reactions: Jagerbomb52

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials