Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Autel is out of business

I totally agree. Autel is not going out of business.

They haven't introduced a new product in over a year.

They have failed to introduce any new product that they claimed was coming.

But they are not going out of business.
this statement is too simplistic. without knowing all the revenue streams, financial backing etc, there is no way of knowing how close this company is to going away. 30 years ago i worked for a company for 12 years that was only profitable for one year in 15. it was a tech company that had alot of investment money. if or when autel ever files for bankrupcy protection lets drop all the negativity

this statement is too simplistic. without knowing all the revenue streams, financial backing etc, there is no way of knowing how close this company is to going away. 30 years ago i worked for a company for 12 years that was only profitable for one year in 15. it was a tech company that had alot of investment money. if or when autel ever files for bankrupcy protection lets drop all the negativity
Do a search on Ebay for Autel. Even if they stopped selling drones they have much else that they sell and they do well. I think them making drones was a side thing to have fun.

Do a search on Ebay for Autel. Even if they stopped selling drones they have much else that they sell and they do well. I think them making drones was a side thing to have fun.

You know, I see a lot of people on the boards trying to create a computition between Autel and DJI, but I don't think Autel was ever trying to compete with them.

I think they simply just wanted to make a good quality drone.. If they were acually trying to compete then they would have a good handful of drones on the market.

But that's not the case. So it's clear they are not trying to be computition. Maybe it's some kind of exspairiment? Or possibly a test of some sort, I just don't really know, but the one drone they have built so far is proven to be pretty darn good. Like I said a coouple of times already. They could have built on the XSP platform, and made it better. Why they did a complete back flip to a folding pocket drone is anyone's guess.

Exspairiment ? Are we their little pet hamsters just running on the wheel they built for us? It certainly doesn't seem to be about money.

Last edited:

My answer was a bit of a trick. I didn't say Autel Robotics. I said Autel. Autel Technology is a gigantic corporation that certainly isn't going away. Autel Robotics is a subsidiary. Their future is currently in debate. :)

... Autel Technology is a gigantic corporation that certainly isn't going away. Autel Robotics is a subsidiary. Their future is currently in debate. :)
I suspect the people at Autel Robotics are sincerely trying to be honest players in the drone game. Their engineering & their consumer support illustrate this view, & I'm sure they fully realize the mistakes Autel has made in the marketplace.

Unfortunately, they are controlled by a few Chinese businessmen that don't know how many propellers a quadcopter carries but that react quickly to proposals while sitting around a big table. It must be frustrating for their subordinates.

Last edited:
Hey guys this is not then end of autel batteries are coming soon .
Xsp will be supported and enhanced for the following years to come. If you love your AR and enjoy flying quit bashing it on face book,here e.t.c
Lots of people come to these places when shopping for drones I know I did and I read everything I joined dji 3dr e.t.c to see what the consumers were saying not the company. like I have read in other threads this is a international buisness and even a well funded customer supported buisness of any kind moves slow. I have been in contact with autel I have been assured everything is in motion and rolling. I am going to trust there word I don't know why you would say something negative about them we all have right around a thousand dollars tied up in this I will only allow myself to remain optomistic cause I would hate to loose on my investment. Any way to all those who remain loyal safe flying and have a good one.

Everyone posting here is loyal. If not, we wouldn't be here. We all just want reliability in regards to proposed products. Over the past 14 months that I've been with Autel it's not been pretty. Nothing ne has been introduced. I have no problem with that. What I do have a problem with is the proposed offerings that never happened.

Just for clarity, since you seem to know what's going on versus me just guessing, give me some specific facts in regards to new products? No one in this thread has done that.

Any news on when the Evo will be released? How about a reply Autel. They're not answering this question when you email them through their web site.

I spoke with Autel tech earlier this week and they are currently not making XSP anymore and only had 3 in stock refurbs. to hold for warranty replacement. I believe they are cutting that close! But they are focusing on the EVO.
My thoughts are, they we're going to release the EVO with the same camera sensors presently on our XSPs, but realized it would only equal the Mavic Pro, And that was not the option to go full steam ahead and take the industry by the balls. So they will retweak and add the 1" sensor which probably delayed release, but for good reason, in my opinion .
Second, Hell they have us by the balls just with their batteries! That in itself probably funded the EVO project.
LMK what you think?!
Autel is not going anywhere, and if so, they have a battery business.

I spoke with Autel tech earlier this week and they are currently not making XSP anymore and only had 3 in stock refurbs. to hold for warranty replacement. I believe they are cutting that close! But they are focusing on the EVO.
My thoughts are, they we're going to release the EVO with the same camera sensors presently on our XSPs, but realized it would only equal the Mavic Pro, And that was not the option to go full steam ahead and take the industry by the balls. So they will retweak and add the 1" sensor which probably delayed release, but for good reason, in my opinion .
Second, Hell they have us by the balls just with their batteries! That in itself probably funded the EVO project.
LMK what you think?!
Autel is not going anywhere, and if so, they have a battery business.

Bace14 you are dreaming if you think the EVO is coming out with a 1 inch sensor :) not even DJI is hinting to a 1 inch sensor in the next Mavic as the sensor has been proven to be to big for the small cameras on these folding UAV's.
Stick around, this is how Autel works with releases and updates. They never come or when they do it is months behind. It took 14 months for them to update the firmware on the XSP and it still is not right so don;t hold your breath on a 1 inch sensor on the EVO.
If anything you might see a sony IMX226, the 1/1.7" CMOS sensor but highly unlikely :)

Any news on when the Evo will be released? How about a reply Autel. They're not answering this question when you email them through their web site.

These guys are very busy over there. They don't have time to answer 1000s of emails about EVO. If they haven't given a release date, it means they don't have one yet, and sending pestering emails isn't going to help. I suggest leaving them alone so they can get their work done.

These guys are very busy over there. They don't have time to answer 1000s of emails about EVO. If they haven't given a release date, it means they don't have one yet, and sending pestering emails isn't going to help. I suggest leaving them alone so they can get their work done.

LOL
They have nothing to sell, and nothing to do. This is why they are call Customer Service. Their job is to answer questions, if they can't at least do that then there is no point in having them there. :)

Reactions: LuvMyTJ
I suspect the people at Autel Robotics are sincerely trying to be honest players in the drone game. Their engineering & their consumer support illustrate this view, & I'm sure they fully realize the mistakes Autel has made in the marketplace.

Unfortunately, they are controlled by a few Chinese businessmen that don't know how many propellers a quadcopter carries but that react quickly to proposals while sitting around a big table. It must be frustrating for their subordinates.
Sad...... America can put a remote vehicle on Mars but can’t compete with China and build a quality drone right here in this country. I guess Elon Musk should give it a shot.
Maybe Branson, Trump or The Zukster

LOL
They have nothing to sell, and nothing to do. This is why they are call Customer Service. Their job is to answer questions, if they can't at least do that then there is no point in having them there. :)

They have a lot of drones coming in for repair, and from my exsperiance from sending mine back for repair, I got the impression that there just a small crew their working. It did ajitate me a bit knowing that wile they were trying to do a good job fixing my drone, they were also getting peppered with pestering inquirers about some little fold up drone that hasn't even come to market yet.

When will the EVO be for sale?

AFTER!

After what?

After Mr. Mehagie caches a fly with his chops sticks.

They have a lot of drones coming in for repair, and from my exsperiance from sending mine back for repair, I got the impression that there just a small crew their working. It did ajitate me a bit knowing that wile they were trying to do a good job fixing my drone, they were also getting peppered with pestering inquirers about some little fold up drone that hasn't even come to market yet.

When will the EVO be for sale?

AFTER!

After what?

After Mr. Mehagie caches a fly with his chops sticks.

Spelling wasn’t my best class either........

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Barry.bain