Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Autel Releases EVO Videos

AutelToronto

Reaction score
Website
www.denttransformer.com
The release date of the EVO has been given to there retailers and last night Autel sent out some images and video in a drop box link. If anyone interested in watching the videos here's a link below.

Do you know the release date given to their retailers?
Thanks for this update AutelToronto!

Even with the higher bit rate, I still see "stutter" in the video. Check the windmill video.

Even with the higher bit rate, I still see "stutter" in the video. Check the windmill video.

Time will tell . Keep in mind these videos were uploaded to drop box from Autel and downloaded from drop box to a pc then uploaded to youtube and vimeo by users. Autel should have taken 10 minutes from there busy schedule to do there own videos the right way.

Depending if you are watching right from the dropbox site or have downloaded it to you computer makes a big difference. Also the type of player you are using on your computer makes a difference. (codecs and such)
My office computer is old (Pentium(R)Dual-Core CPU 2.50GHZ with 2 GB of ram. It will play it but it is jerky. My son's gaming computer will play it just fine.
What will make a big difference to these videos is the monitor or TV you are using to watch them. Even the cheaper 4K tvs are not true 4K. More and more people are getting 4K tv's but there are still a bunch of us old farts that say if its not broken why replace it :)

Reactions: AutelToronto
Just downloaded the waterfall video directly to my 27" iMac w/5k Retina screen (8 GB ram) - it looks like an entirely different video than what you see just playing from the dropbox site. Actually looks pretty darn incredible and kind of makes you wonder what all the fuss over not having a 1" sensor is all about (assuming of course that it was shot with the smaller sensor) :)

Well not that I will be rushing out to get this EVO but I do want it released soon. Autel has said several times they will issue a firmware update for the X-Star because the EVO's firmware was built around the last X-Star firmware. Any improvements that might come of it will be welcomed.

Well not that I will be rushing out to get this EVO but I do want it released soon. Autel has said several times they will issue a firmware update for the X-Star because the EVO's firmware was built around the last X-Star firmware. Any improvements that might come of it will be welcomed.

Another firmware update for the X-Star? I think I'll pass on this one.

Why???
They can't screw up twice do you think???
Ahhhh maybe they can

Haa! Right... :D If and when it comes around. Right now my XSP's are flying great and I would not wish to foul it up with a "new" update. So, unless there is some super, significant change or addition, I'll probably pass. Wonder what those updates could be?

Where did you see/hear this? Facebook?

Last edited:
It was mentioned on their facebook page a month or so ago. They said once the EVO is out they will try and get some problems fixed with the X-star but it was not high on their list of things to do. Part of their continuing support statement.

We'll see what comes. I'm not on FaceBook so I don't see any of those posts.

Ya I posted that video this afternoon. He is a dealer and just how much of what he tells us of the truth is real. Its coming soon .........we all heard this before.
Give me a date and I will start believing.......until then its just a fart in the wind.

I totally agree agustine, I fly dji equipment and have preordered the evo and I'm REALLY tired of waiting. just like they say excuses are like butts EVERYONES GOT ONE., at least let us know SOMETHING ANYTHING, coming soon is NOT THE ANSWER WERE LOOKING FOR!!!

A member posted yesterday that he had talked to him yesterday or day before and was told shipping on June 1st. We will see if this is true. Even if they do DJI will push something out the door very soon after that is just that much better. Autel & Yuneec are on a slow sinking ship with DJI just cruising by and don't even know it.

I would agree that DJI is cornering the market, but DJI is really messing with NFZ's for us in Michigan. We are flying 9 dji products at work and are getting NFZ's in areas that are Class G airspace below 700ft within 5 miles of some airports. The NFZ's along with the firmware and constant DJI Go4 updates, its really annoying my pilots to the point that they are looking at other drone manufactures like Autel and the Evo. They love DJI hardware, but have come to HATE DJI software and apps, to the point they dont trust it.
We will probably get an EVO just for yukes to try it out, as everyone is impressed when my Pumpkin saves the day because of a DJI NFZ or firmware update that grounds them. We fly Mavic Airs, Sparks, P4P, and Inspires.
If Drone Deploy, Pix4D, PrecisionMapper, all get on board and support the EVO for post processing like they do DJI products, it may sell a few, if they ever get it to market.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juan.t