Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Autel Support

Bwanaboy

Reaction score
Like everyone else, I’ve been challenged with finding a new battery in stock. I reached out to Autel support to see if they had any or if they could direct me to someone that had one in stock. The directed me to Adorama for a used one which I wasn't interested in. The conversation went back and forth until I received the email below today. There aren't many companies that will take care of their customers like this. IMG_9519.jpg

Reactions: JR Videography
Like everyone else, I’ve been challenged with finding a new battery in stock. I reached out to Autel support to see if they had any or if they could direct me to someone that had one in stock. The directed me to Adorama for a used one which I wasn't interested in. The conversation went back and forth until I received the email below today. There aren't many companies that will take care of their customers like this. View attachment 1957
That's why I'm glad I bought a pumpkin....way to go AR

That is very very nice to see. But they usually do the extra effort so it doesn't surprise me.

Reactions: Squirrel!
Still gotta wonder, though. I bought 2 XSP'S, hoping for the 1" sensor, to use commercially. Then, held my breath, waiting on retractable landing gear, and a 360° camera. Promises, promises.....Nada. Was hoping to get a bug free firmware update, but, never really did. Worked for some, not so good for others. Decided to keep my ORIGIONAL firmware. I don't know about the EVO. Maybe just fly my punkins and sit it out for the generation after EVO.

Autel is the best, hands down. Getting good customer service means more to me than anything else.

Reactions: Squirrel!
I'm pondering calling CS this weekend. Went out for a fly Tonite after work, seeing how the temp was in the 60's. Flew the newest one of my orange birds, seeing how it hasn't been getting much love lately. Put it thru all the paces, just to make sure everything was ok. Well.... almost ended up having to change my shorts. I had brought it in kind of close...maybe 100 yards. The wind is at my back, and the bird is in front of me. She's sitting maybe 30 yards from a tree line, behind her, with the wind in her face. I hit RTH, part of the workout / check-up I'm doing. She sits there, after climbing to 400 feet... figure it's normal, getting her bearings, you know the routine. Well.... next thing you know, she takes off at a diagonal, like in a dead stick in ATTI mode, in probably 30-35 mph winds, up at that height. Still in GPS mode, but not responding to the sticks. Now past the tree line, out of sight. It's now dark out, can't see diddly on the camera view.... And my map is locked. CRAP! I'm madly scrolling, trying to catch up with it. Finally, I do. I cross my fingers, and put it into ATTI mode. Trying to spin it towards me with panicked stick fingers, keep over doing it..... it's at 20% battery, and a half mile away, and needing to fight the wind to get back. OK.....RELAX.... OR YOU'RE GONNA BLOW THIS...I keep telling myself. Finally, I'm making headway, in the right direction. Dropping the altitude as I go, trying to get under the winds... and here comes some bozo in a small airplane about 300 ft AGL. Check my altitude, less than 200...ok.... not worrying about him. I hear her.... Alright, got eyes on her....blinking red lights, no less.....got her back down right at 15% battery. Sure glad I had it set for minimum 10% critical landing! All's well, that ends well. At least I wasn't trudging thru the woods, looking for her with Google maps, like I was last Thursday with another small, cheap, GPS quad I have, that just died in the air. Maybe I won't fly for awhile. This many oopsies in less than a week is more than I care to handle. But, wondering if they could review the flight log, and give me an idea of what happened. Maybe it needs work. I just don't want a firmware update, unless they do it, and make sure all is good. And promise to set it back to original, if it doesn't. Anyway... the moral to the story is....know how to fly your bird without gps...or one day, you'll wish you did. Glad I learned on a fully manual quadcopter, or I might be out a bird right now.

Last edited:
Sir, Did you calibrate the compass before you flew?

Every time, although it's not supposed to be necessary. I've been flying pumkins ever since they've been out. This is the first instance of one doing something it's not supposed to do. It was fine the last time I flew it. Must be the ghost in the machine...

QuadSquad,
The only thing I can add is I had a similar experience. The XSP just 'took off' with a mind of it's own. For about 10 minutes I tried going in and out of different modes. Twice I received the message the craft was about to land (it was well out of sight by then) but I kept trying RTH, pause, as well as the different modes. As I was walking back to the car I began to hear a strange whining sound and a minute or so later the XSP crash landed about 100 feet away. I contacted Autel who asked for the drone and RC. A day or so after they received it they notified me and sent me a whole new setup. So... in my case it really did pay to contact Autel. I am pretty sure this was with the 'old' firmware and like you I had calibrated. I was also in the 'middle of nowhere'. The nearest structure was several hundred feet away... a non functioning windmill.

The best advice on this is to contact Autel.
However, as with any microprocessor based electronic device we have these days..... when it acts goofy, do a complete power down/reset by removing the battery for at least one minute. Then reinstall the battery, and recheck settings in Starlink.

Every time, although it's not supposed to be necessary.
No. The old FW you are advised to re-calibrate the compass each new location [DJI has the same suggestion] but with the new FW you are only supposed to have to calibrate once. :)

Twice I received the message the craft was about to land (it was well out of sight by then) but I kept trying RTH, pause, as well as the different modes.

Just one more reason to keep it in LOS... ;)

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rudymuller