Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Autel will pay customers to take the part 107

clackey

Administrator
Staff Member
Reaction score
Autel Robotics announced that it will cover the cost for its customers who take (and pass) the Federal Aviation Administration’s Remote Pilot Knowledge Test.

Autel drone operators who submit a proof of a qualified X-Star series drone purchase and proof of a passing result on the FAA’s knowledge test will be entitled to a rebate for the test, which otherwise costs $150.

Full story at Autel will pay its customers to take the Part 107 test - The Drone Girl

that's why they are growing company one step ahead of dji

I purchased mine close to the 15th and they honored it. I was happy happy. Also should I just get this since the rebate is going even if I don't do anything commercial? What's the story on this test.

What exactly do you mean by that?

Originally that Free Battery promotion started on 7/15. There were enough people that had bought one in the weeks before the official start date, that they extended it back quite a bit. I think they moved up the end date, to 8/15, but I'm not sure. I think it originally ended on 9/30.

Yes -- that's when it ended. I bought mine on the 15th, but had to return it and get a replacement since it had a bad compass. Hopefully they'll still send me the free battery :)
Worth a call to customer service?

From what I'm seeing on the Part 107 test; it will take me at least an entire year to learn enough to pass it.. :)

Reactions: Delta Blue
Yeah, there has to be some kind of condensed study guide & practice tests to study & take. That pilots handbook is well over 500 pages. We need the Cliff Notes for Dummies version so I can just study the answers.

From what I'm seeing on the Part 107 test; it will take me at least an entire year to learn enough to pass it.. :)
Unfortunately, it seems the FAA designed the test for manned aircraft pilots. I could just be missing the boat on this one, but I don't see how much of that knowledge will be applied to most commercial UAS flights. Let's be honest, the kid next door is making the same type of flights with no such knowledge.

Reactions: paul holt
well I got mine on april 22 and autel still gave me a free battery now that is customer care

Unfortunately, it seems the FAA designed the test for manned aircraft pilots. I could just be missing the boat on this one, but I don't see how much of that knowledge will be applied to most commercial UAS flights. Let's be honest, the kid next door is making the same type of flights with no such knowledge.

I think you are spot on, and is where it's causing a bit of frustration for me.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials