Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

AutelRobotics asking me to perform a factory reset

tbt

Reaction score
Anyone here ever launch the MaxiTools app and used it to perform a factory reset? The support team didn't invoke confidence when they first asked me to use OA Calibration tool for the Evo II Pro against my Max 4T. They withdrew that request when I pushed back. Then they said perform the factory reset, but mentioned the wrong app when I asked for step-by-step instructions.

Anyone here ever launch the MaxiTools app and used it to perform a factory reset? The support team didn't invoke confidence when they first asked me to use OA Calibration tool for the Evo II Pro against my Max 4T. They withdrew that request when I pushed back. Then they said perform the factory reset, but mentioned the wrong app when I asked for step-by-step instructions.
They have an obviously poorly trained Tech Support group, that is clearly left in the dark as to what development is doing or when they will do it. Maybe the "VP of Training" should take note, train his people and stop concentrating on the marketing of that da**n Dragonfish. What do you say JON?

Reactions: Ezone23
I would just do it. I'm sure all EVO basically have same command for most drones to reset drone to factory, good for hacking :) Factory reset is good for any changes made and had some power/connection issues. Should not really be done but it happens....grrr Yes you loose all setting you done. But what to loose if you have issues ?

Hello guys,

Since i did the last SW update the aircraft has been acting wierd, it looses connection. Its doesnt say anywhere in the manual how to factory reset the aircraft and the controller. Do you know how to factory reset both the aircraft and the controller?

Customer service see if it is wise and then make your move .
Last update .. only my RC updated ,.. NOT my aircraft. Lost a few settings.. gained a few settings. Glad I haven’t tried to fly it . Last thing I need is that tank smashing into something on a JOB. . Moth balls till we get a response.
At this point I won’t even fly it until I can figure out what fixes our very similar problem . Sucks ,.. that’s a lot of overhead waisting space.

Last update .. only my RC updated ,.. NOT my aircraft. Lost a few settings.. gained a few settings. Glad I haven’t tried to fly it . Last thing I need is that tank smashing into something on a JOB. . Moth balls till we get a response.
At this point I won’t even fly it until I can figure out what fixes our very similar problem . Sucks ,.. that’s a lot of overhead waisting space.
only my RC updated ,.. NOT my aircraft.
Thats a scary one, Lot of settings might be in RC but lot are sent to aircraft also, the firmware in RC and Aircraft etc need to be in sync. Make sure all have latest FW in all, Might be HW issues.

Have you flown it? I have been waiting to fly a new one that I bought for 75% off because Autel would not warranty my original Max 4 T that flew away on November 11th, 2023.
I paid to get a new replacement they offered. I reluctantly took a chance. They lied and only sent me the case with another Max 4T and controller. I am currently still disputing with My bank to get a refund to cover the cost of replacement due to deceptive marketing which should have been covered under the manufacturer's warranty.

Have you flown it? I have been waiting to fly a new one that I bought for 75% off because Autel would not warranty my original Max 4 T that flew away on November 11th, 2023.
I paid to get a new replacement they offered. I reluctantly took a chance. They lied and only sent me the case with another Max 4T and controller. I am currently still disputing with My bank to get a refund to cover the cost of replacement due to deceptive marketing which should have been covered under the manufacturer's warranty.
Only thing I can say, I do not trust my MAX 4T hmm yet, Yes I flew it some and it seems to work Ok, New things added but all I can say good luck. Have stopped my more testing of the MAX as I wait for more updates etc to MAKE IT WORK. Spending about $3200 for crappy OA that suppose to work and crashed, then they say it my fault, can't see a 24x60 building, hmm.. What can I say.

Only thing I can say, I do not trust my MAX 4T hmm yet, Yes I flew it some and it seems to work Ok, New things added but all I can say good luck. Have stopped my more testing of the MAX as I wait for more updates etc to MAKE IT WORK. Spending about $3200 for crappy OA that suppose to work and crashed, then they say it my fault, can't see a 24x60 building, hmm.. What can I say.
Thank you for your feedback!
I am waiting also!
You and I And other's with integrity know our insights are right that our Max 4 T's malfunctioned and don't function or have features as advertised. Yesterday i researched and read every comment made to determine weather or not issues have been resolved!

At this point definately not...and from the history of comments...I'm pessimistic that we will get a fully functioning and reliable Max 4 T.

Let's hope they address and resolve the issues.

All the best to you.
Thank you for sharing information.
Manny

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coastaldrone