Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Battery Advice And How You Can Prevent and Fix Issues

Jagerbomb52

Reaction score
Some of us like to experiment and find better ways of doing things but sometimes all we need is the basics. This PDF file was put together by a friend on facebook. He and I build UAV's from the frame up and he is very up on battery care. We both have done reviews for after market Autel products because we like to experiment and expand. We gained what knowledge we have through experience and research. For those just coming into the hobby of RC and yes these UAV's are just RC toys nothing more, nothing less you should follow Heath Lawrence's tutorial on battery care. This has been approved by Autel so your warranty is covered in this.

Attachments

• Heaths_Battery_Advice.pdf
    462.1 KB · Views: 70
Some of us like to experiment and find better ways of doing things but sometimes all we need is the basics. This PDF file was put together by a friend on facebook. He and I build UAV's from the frame up and he is very up on battery care. We both have done reviews for after market Autel products because we like to experiment and expand. We gained what knowledge we have through experience and research. For those just coming into the hobby of RC and yes these UAV's are just RC toys nothing more, nothing less you should follow Heath Lawrence's tutorial on battery care. This has been approved by Autel so your warranty is covered in this.
Excellent! I learned a lot, and put it in my iBooks library...

They now ship these with new batteries. Finally got my 2 on Thursday!

Reactions: Downunderpilot
Thank you for this Agustine. I'll definately use it and send it to my bud that bought his XSP a few months ago.
I'm not sure what happened to my one battery but one is fine and the other is bad after only 14 charges (that's what caused my sudden battery drop last week). Autel is looking at what to do now for me (3 days without follow up response from our last email). Not sure what they'll do since I don't have a receipt (it was bought for me by a group of fishermen back in California as a Christmas present).

Thanks Agustine, i have been practicing battery health for some time now & have had good results. You did offer more information that will come in handy.

I've been searching all my stuff and I can't find the information on how to deep cycle the Autel battery. Can someone please post that info.

Thanks jjp

There is no info in the manual. If you have bought a battery it is in the little pamphlet that comes with the battery. Basically you would charge your battery to 100%.
You then go and fly it down to 7-6 percent. You will need to use the left stick to stop it from trying to land on low battery warning. Once it is at 6-7 percent land and shut off the XSP and remove the battery. Let the battery cool down before charging it back up. You need to recharge it to 100% so the Battery Sense Module (BSM) will recalculate. This is suppose to be done every 3 months or 20 charges which ever comes first. I tend to do this a little more often then what Autel recommends.

I just purchased my X-star used from eBay with 3 batteries. Because I do not know the history of cycles, or how it was stored, What advice should I follow to take the best care of my batteries.

In other words, what are the first steps I should take after I get them out of the box? What should I document, etc?

Thanks in advance!

Ron
(New forum member and new owner)

Each battery in the App will show the number of charges it has had and at what percentage of life it has left. I would fully charge the batteries and do the deep cycle charge posted above just so each one is starting from that point. When you buy used it is hard to tell how the owner treated the batteries so best to deep cycle first and then keep track of the number of charges from then on.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuckster58