Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Battery not shutting off fix

Bace14

Reaction score
Went through this today and hope this helps someone here.

Problem:
Battery is stuck "ON" ( In my case, power button halo lit green steady and one led lit also steady .) Pressing and holding for 12-15 secs did not help.

Solution:
Press and hold button about 12-15 secs. till leds light up to power button, then desend away to last one. As soon as last led goes off, release power button.

Hope this helps someone. Drove me crazy.
Thanks to Agustine and Jack from Autel.

Reactions: Jagerbomb52
No not at all! DOA
Needed to buy new ones. Autel dropped the ball and I'm paying for their mistake.
Ah I see, to bad.
Well at least you are getting batteries that will come with full warranty now. I know they want the receipt for warranty work. I have had no problems getting 3 replaced. Each new battery is has a warranty for 1 year or 200 charges so you should be good to go for a while :)

Ah I see, to bad.
Well at least you are getting batteries that will come with full warranty now. I know they want the receipt for warranty work. I have had no problems getting 3 replaced. Each new battery is has a warranty for 1 year or 200 charges so you should be good to go for a while :)
Thanks for that, they never told me that so I'll feel good about warranty.
What I just don't get, maybe it's a shipping thing. Why would the battery be placed in the bird when this could happen? Maybe a weight distribution thing?! What if say someone buys this for an Xmas gift in October. To be ahead of the rush Xmas comes and battery is dead! It would be a big let down to a kid not to try his best present! Listen I'm far from a kid, but a kid at heart, and I'm disappointed!
Whether I have a receipt or not it's their product and they should back it up, I believe. All I know is it cost me an extra $200 just to start their product and wait another week or two till they arrive!

Depending on how knowledgeable you are with Lipo batteries when they drop below 3.20v per cell the chargers like Autels and even DJI stock chargers will not try and charge them. In the RC world some of us will try and revive the battery. Many youtube videos on how this is done but unless you know what you are doing I don't recommend you trying it as lipos can be very dangerous if not handled properly.

Reactions: Jose
Depending on how knowledgeable you are with Lipo batteries when they drop below 3.20v per cell the chargers like Autels and even DJI stock chargers will not try and charge them. In the RC world some of us will try and revive the battery. Many youtube videos on how this is done but unless you know what you are doing I don't recommend you trying it as lipos can be very dangerous if not handled properly.

Great heads up! I'm very familiar what NiCads but LiPo not so much. Vids were awesome, but one thing stands out is the batteries from autel have a limited plug. Is there something on the market to adapt to a different charger, of course only in this instance.

Bace,
However, considering the price you probably paid, even if you have to purchase a new battery, you still will have paid LESS than most of us paid for our aircraft new.

The lesson to be learned is that one should confirm with the seller that everything is in good working order. Honestly, Autel is notorious for bending over backward to help Autel owners. But, understandably, they must draw the line. When a battery is plugged in to a drone, it is still drawing a very tiny amount of power (microamps), which is needed to actually start things when the on/off button is pressed. Thus, if a battery is left in an aircraft for a long period of time, it will flat discharge, and that in turn will destroy the battery.
If you 'flat discharge' a brand new car battery, it will also destroy the battery.
Bottom line is that no rechargeable battery should be completely (flat) discharged. That is why manufacturer of these batteries have an algorithum in the battery which discharges the battery only to a certain point when the battery is not being used. However, if the battery is left in the aircraft for more than 2 or 3 months, the aircraft will actually consume the remaining current in the battery and it will become flat discharged.

For those of you who are reading this and are interested in the details of Lithium Batteries, PBS recently aired a NOVA show, episode #877. That show discussed Lithium batteries in detail, but in a very understandable and interesting way. If you have the ability to stream TV, I very highly recommend that you watch the PBS Nova show, #877. It will (for sure!) give you a new and better understanding of the challenges that Lithium Battery makers, (and Users) face. Happy Viewing :)

Great heads up! I'm very familiar what NiCads but LiPo not so much. Vids were awesome, but one thing stands out is the batteries from autel have a limited plug. Is there something on the market to adapt to a different charger, of course only in this instance.
You can buy a aftermarket plug used on the DJI batteries, many of us use it for discharging our batteries. Charging the smart batteries without the balance lead will only damage your battery over time. DJI's batteries are balance from the smart head on the battery where as our Autel batteries are balanced from the stock charger.
There is a few posts on here about discharging and the needed equipment that some of us use.
Lots of good info in this post:

Battery Storage Question...

Bace,
However, considering the price you probably paid, even if you have to purchase a new battery, you still will have paid LESS than most of us paid for our aircraft new.

The lesson to be learned is that one should confirm with the seller that everything is in good working order. Honestly, Autel is notorious for bending over backward to help Autel owners. But, understandably, they must draw the line. When a battery is plugged in to a drone, it is still drawing a very tiny amount of power (microamps), which is needed to actually start things when the on/off button is pressed. Thus, if a battery is left in an aircraft for a long period of time, it will flat discharge, and that in turn will destroy the battery.
If you 'flat discharge' a brand new car battery, it will also destroy the battery.
Bottom line is that no rechargeable battery should be completely (flat) discharged. That is why manufacturer of these batteries have an algorithum in the battery which discharges the battery only to a certain point when the battery is not being used. However, if the battery is left in the aircraft for more than 2 or 3 months, the aircraft will actually consume the remaining current in the battery and it will become flat discharged.

For those of you who are reading this and are interested in the details of Lithium Batteries, PBS recently aired a NOVA show, episode #877. That show discussed Lithium batteries in detail, but in a very understandable and interesting way. If you have the ability to stream TV, I very highly recommend that you watch the PBS Nova show, #877. It will (for sure!) give you a new and better understanding of the challenges that Lithium Battery makers, (and Users) face. Happy Viewing :)
Cori,
I get it and still am excited about this drone, but I would think there are two things they should address 1. You should never ship a battery in an object in which uses the power. 2. There should be a huge warning on the outside box and outside of case saying battery is in place and should be removed. I'm a patient person so I'll wait the week, but feel that they should take something off, or stop shipping this way. Plenty of places to place 1 battery in these cases.
Thanks for the rest of your reply. Much appreciated.

You can buy a aftermarket plug used on the DJI batteries, many of us use it for discharging our batteries. Charging the smart batteries without the balance lead will only damage your battery over time. DJI's batteries are balance from the smart head on the battery where as our Autel batteries are balanced from the stock charger.
There is a few posts on here about discharging and the needed equipment that some of us use.
Lots of good info in this post:

Battery Storage Question...
Thanks Agustine
I still have a lot to learn and being here is great. You all are kind to lend your wisdom.
Can't wait to get my feet wet.

Cori,
I get it and still am excited about this drone, but I would think there are two things they should address 1. You should never ship a battery in an object in which uses the power. 2. There should be a huge warning on the outside box and outside of case saying battery is in place and should be removed. I'm a patient person so I'll wait the week, but feel that they should take something off, or stop shipping this way. Plenty of places to place 1 battery in these cases.
Thanks for the rest of your reply. Much appreciated.
Bace, You are absolutely correct - A lithium battery should not be shipped while it is installed in the device it was made for. If a lithium battery is not discharged exactly in the manner that the manufacturer intended, then a fire or explosion could take place. These guys who are using aftermarket dischargers don't realize it, but they are literally playing with fire.

Reactions: Bace14
Went through this today and hope this helps someone here.

Problem:
Battery is stuck "ON" ( In my case, power button halo lit green steady and one led lit also steady .) Pressing and holding for 12-15 secs did not help.

Solution:
Press and hold button about 12-15 secs. till leds light up to power button, then desend away to last one. As soon as last led goes off, release power button.

Hope this helps someone. Drove me crazy.
Thanks to Agustine and Jack from Autel.
This helped me thanks

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elio-Italy