Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Battery Won’t Power On or Charge

SixStarsDrone

Reaction score
I’ve got (4) batteries for my V2 that were all purchased at the same time and put into service 6/2022. They all have less than 10 discharges. Today I decided to top off all of them and one of them would not charge or power on.

This one was in the drone and the last one that I used which was a few months ago. I have a feeling that I partially drained it from my last flight, and then it auto discharged completely. It’s not bulging. I had it on the charger for a couple of hours and nothing. The charger was warm to the touch but not hot like when I’m charging all four batteries on my charging hub. The battery was completely cold.

Is there anyway to save this battery? I don’t know if I permanently damaged it by allowing it to discharge completely or if it has some type of safe mode.

I’ve got (4) batteries for my V2 that were all purchased at the same time and put into service 6/2022. They all have less than 10 discharges. Today I decided to top off all of them and one of them would not charge or power on.

This one was in the drone and the last one that I used which was a few months ago. I have a feeling that I partially drained it from my last flight, and then it auto discharged completely. It’s not bulging. I had it on the charger for a couple of hours and nothing. The charger was warm to the touch but not hot like when I’m charging all four batteries on my charging hub. The battery was completely cold.

Is there anyway to save this battery? I don’t know if I permanently damaged it by allowing it to discharge completely or if it has some type of safe mode.

It is probably dead for good. Even if you manage to revive it, after a situation like this would you want to trust your $2K drone with a possibly bad $220 battery?

In theory it should not have drained to zero even if it was left in the drone unless it was on. I have had a few situations where the foam in the rugged case manages to turn on the battery; yet another design flaw on Autel's part; DJI's battery power buttons are slightly inset and I never had that problem with DJI batteries.

On another note...wow, Autel batteries are $220.00 now? I think I got mine for less than $160 apiece 3yrs ago.

Reactions: SixStarsDrone
It is probably dead for good. Even if you manage to revive it, after a situation like this would you want to trust your $2K drone with a possibly bad $220 battery?

In theory it should not have drained to zero even if it was left in the drone unless it was on. I have had a few situations where the foam in the rugged case manages to turn on the battery; yet another design flaw on Autel's part; DJI's battery power buttons are slightly inset and I never had that problem with DJI batteries.

On another note...wow, Autel batteries are $220.00 now? I think I got mine for less than $160 apiece 3yrs ago.

No, I probably wouldn’t trust the battery after this. Good point! It’s not worth loosing the drone over a battery.

They are not cheap! They weren’t cheap two years ago and I think they’ve gone up a bit since then.

I now wonder if the drone turned on inside the case as you mentioned. As you know, all of the drones weight is on the end of the battery when the case is being carried. I’m going to take a look and see how much clearance there is between the foam and the power button. If it’s close I suppose notching it so it doesn’t touch could help.

No, I probably wouldn’t trust the battery after this. Good point! It’s not worth loosing the drone over a battery.

They are not cheap! They weren’t cheap two years ago and I think they’ve gone up a bit since then.

I now wonder if the drone turned on inside the case as you mentioned. As you know, all of the drones weight is on the end of the battery when the case is being carried. I’m going to take a look and see how much clearance there is between the foam and the power button. If it’s close I suppose notching it so it doesn’t touch could help.
The case can definitely turn on the battery, it has happened to me twice, both times I took it out of the car and carried the case for a few min. As you mentioned, when the case is upright, all of the weight of the drone presses on the battery and with the right combination of shakes it could turn it on.

Reactions: SixStarsDrone

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SkyInspect