Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

best phone/tablet to use

death_from_above

Reaction score
hello,

i been using iphone6+ to fly my xstar. i noticed others on this fourm have issues with apple ios. loadingg video connectivity, which i have every flight. my dads lg droid seems to do much better..

i havent tryed dnd or airplane mode yet.

is android best OS for starlink? what phones/tablests work best?

if this has been answered, sorry...

I think both work fine. The only iOS issues I’ve ever had was with iOS 11.2 thru 11.2.4. Apple made too many changes Autel wasn’t ready for (not only Autel, Apple broke many Apps). Since iOS 11.2.5 everything seems fine.

Glad to read Apple reorganized S/W Development teams. Mac & iOS Dev has been sloppy to embarrassing in the past few years. I think Mr. Cook finally got the message. It doesn’t matter how good the design, if it fails to work properly...

hmm alright. my iphone is 10.3 , pre ios 11. but i just updated my xstar, see if that does anything. also try dns mode and try some other cords.

report back tomorrow.

I switched from IOS to Android pursuant to the above issue months ago. I've checked my iPhone once the IOS fix came out and it seems nominal again. That being said, I have read of the importance of using Apple approved cables and to stay from the non-Apple cables. I'd take that to heart. My phone worked with Starlink for months on 10.3. I simply got tired of Apple's BS and stupidity.

I use an Asus Zenpad (10 inch tablet). Works great.

I use an Asus Zenpad (10 inch tablet). Works great.
If that works great I can't wait to try my Asus Transformer Infinity tf700t modified to android 7.1.2 Katkiss Nougatella.

It should work very well. Asus is a very respected designer and manufacturer of computer product.

It should work very well. Asus is a very respected designer and manufacturer of computer product.
Well this thing is 6 years old but has some pretty amazing specs besides the lack of ram that yours and the Nvidia Shield K1. But it still used Nvidia chipset so with the updated rom with basically no extra apps and it's Super IPS+ LCD and 600 nit brightness I think it might work really really good. We'll see when I get my props from Master Airscrew! Also has an hdmi port if I ever want to try FPV goggles.

Last edited:
i see alot of pilots using Nvidia Shield tablets. think ill go that route once i get my prop 107. or the galaxy s7 tablet.

Truth be told, when I made the switch to an Android device, I found a Nvidia Shield K1 on Craigslist for $80. I jumped on it and it's been "good to me". I was looking for something that had an HDMI port and enough screen brightness to hold up in bright sunlight.

Hard to find, can be expensive, still supported by Nvidia. Problems:

Support has challenges supporting 7.0 on the K1 due to lack of exposure. This should change however.
Seems to suck power like a feeding whale.
Takes 2-3 hours to charge.
Tip - I put a saved search on CL knowing if one became available, it wouldn't last long and I'd have to be the first reply. I waited about a month.

I don't have a data of voice plan for it. I cache Google Maps via wifi and keep them current.

That's my story.......

A quick search of all of craigslist shows a few for sale (in different parts of the country) for $200 that are like new. Be cool if they would ship.

I use my Nokia 6 running android 8 'Oreo' and love it. Works well. The Motorola G4+ is brighter tho, but less RAM.

I use my Nokia 6 running android 8 'Oreo' and love it. Works well. The Motorola G4+ is brighter tho, but less RAM.
Does that ram make any notable differences? If not I'd probably stick with the brighter screen.

Naaa...2 gig instead of 3. But the Nokia is a better machine than the Motorola. ;)

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elio-Italy