Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Best place to purchase?

btntx

Reaction score
Hello - Basically I would like to know if would be better to purchase an X-Star Premium directly from the factory as opposed to a retail store. I was thinking the units from the factory would have the latest "lessons learned" improvements implemented.

Good thought, but not so, remember that the BETA code with fixes is just that, it's still in testing and not full release so it won't be on any new drones manufactured till it becomes fully released. The one you get from Best Buy, or any authorized Autel reseller will all have the same code on it, unless it has been sitting on the shelf longer than one full release of code base, then it will need one upgrade to latest full release.

Thanks for the info. I was also thinking in terms of hardware improvements. Typically manufacturers will slip in upgrades and fixes even if the model hasn't officially changed. I just wasn't sure about this particular industry.

Thanks for the info. I was also thinking in terms of hardware improvements. Typically manufacturers will slip in upgrades and fixes even if the model hasn't officially changed. I just wasn't sure about this particular industry.

Not with this current model.

I would just buy directly from Autel's website. They had a new batch come in recently so you wouldn't have to worry about buying one that has been sitting around for a long time.

Reactions: btntx
I would just buy directly from Autel's website. They had a new batch come in recently so you wouldn't have to worry about buying one that has been sitting around for a long time.
LOL
Seeing that everyone was out till this new batch came out I don't think there is a worry about that. :)

Bought mine from Autel as an open box unit for $649.00. They now offer refurbished units for same price. That's one option.

If you want the rugged bundle, with the big whoop case, the pixel connection has them. Be warned, though, that case and those extra batteries, tip the scale at 75 pounds.

Refurbished have a 1 year warranty direct from Autel, at least the web site states that. I have the ruggedized case, and fully packed it is a monster...lol. But your stuff is 100% secure and safe in it...I shipped my drone in the case and wasn't worried about it at all. Plenty of room for tablets, extras, extra controller, etc.

Reactions: Squirrel!
Refurbished have a 1 year warranty direct from Autel, at least the web site states that. I have the ruggedized case, and fully packed it is a monster...lol. But your stuff is 100% secure and safe in it...I shipped my drone in the case and wasn't worried about it at all. Plenty of room for tablets, extras, extra controller, etc.
That's funny. Tim @ Autel, told me the return units only have a 6 mo warranty.

Warranty
Autel Robotics (the Company) warrants to the original retail purchaser of this product, that should this product or any part thereof during normal consumer usage and conditions, be proven defective in material or workmanship that results in product failure within one year of purchase of new product, or 180 days on refurbished product

Warranty
Autel Robotics (the Company) warrants to the original retail purchaser of this product, that should this product or any part thereof during normal consumer usage and conditions, be proven defective in material or workmanship that results in product failure within one year of purchase of new product, or 180 days on refurbished product
Sounds like 6 Mo to me :cool:

You win this round.
I think my open box unit had a full warranty....I think.
That's cool. No fight, I was seconding your 180 days in another wording. $150 for an extra 6 months...... have to weigh that out. With whatever you consider your likelihood of an issue that will result in considerable damage, or total loss..... have to think on that.

Last year i purchased mine on Amazon around black friday just after thanksgiving, i think you will find the best deals during the holidays if you can wait

Reactions: btntx
6 months it is...not sure why but I just read the same thing. If they are refurbishing them, obviously returns for whatever reason, they are using new parts to replace the defective ones...what could possibly be so used otherwise to reduce the warranty by 6 months. Its not like they are relying on some third party to do the work, its them. So be it.

Apparently they stopped selling the open box units, as they called them. They supposedly were units that were opened up and tested for a couple of battery cycles, then put back in the box, marked down and sold.

I've had three batteries and a complete Drone replaced under warranty. I bought direct from Autel. I was never referred to a vendor for replacement. Can I buy cheaper somewhere else, maybe. I'll continue to buy direct from Autel so I can avoid any kind of warranty replacement delay thru a third party vendor.

Do I expect prompt response to warranty issues? Yes.

Are you going to have warranty issues? Yes.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuckster58