Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Best place to purchase?

There is no process to go through third party for warranty with Autel. same way to get service whether you buy direct or at Best Buy or on Amazon. Autel will even warranty gray market stuff as long as the serial number was not registered before. They dont restrict sales of their products only to "authorized" resellers. Anyone can buy Autel from a distributor and resell them...thats why there are so many on Amazon selling them.

I bought mine through Amazon from Autel direct. My refurb unit has been flawless.21124127_1650017951699632_1405091930_n.jpg

There is no process to go through third party for warranty with Autel. same way to get service whether you buy direct or at Best Buy or on Amazon. Autel will even warranty gray market stuff as long as the serial number was not registered before. They dont restrict sales of their products only to "authorized" resellers. Anyone can buy Autel from a distributor and resell them...thats why there are so many on Amazon selling them.

I did not know that. I remember someone on a forum saying if you purchased thru a vendor, that's where you had to go for warranty. Thanks for clarification.

Wonder why they ask for all the proof of purchase items when doing warranty work directly with them?? First time I used warranty thru Autel I was rejected because they had no record of my purchasing the Drone from them..... Then it dawned on me it was purchased under my wife's name. Validity of the warranty didn't seem to have anything to do with the S/N of the item. Simply proof of purchase. Wonder why that is?

I live in Ontario Canada. I bought my X-Star from Winnipeg Manitoba. Any warranty I had to deal with Autel all they needed was a copy of my purchase from the retailer I bought it from. Since I bought it online I have a copy handy in my paypal account. Never a problem with Autel with warranty and I had to use it 2 times in 8 months for battery problems.

Did you register your drone on their site? I had to provide proof of purchase when I sent mine in. I think because they don't do restricted reseller network they just need to verify the date of purchase and not where you purchased. My Amazon order was good enough. Mine is actually some shade of gray market, not an authorized Autel shop, but I got an accidental upgrade to my order so I'm not complaining...lol.

I'm not saying I had any problems with warranty service. Just saying it's odd that they wouldn't know by the S/N of the Drone that was purchased direct from them that it was covered by warranty. Seemed like I had to prove it was purchased from them. Just a bit odd. Yes, it's registered with them.

No worries. Just a bit odd. :)

I'm not saying I had any problems with warranty service. Just saying it's odd that they wouldn't know by the S/N of the Drone that was purchased direct from them that it was covered by warranty. Seemed like I had to prove it was purchased from them. Just a bit odd. Yes, it's registered with them.

No worries. Just a bit odd. :)

People don't always register the unit right away. Could be a month from the time of purchase. Having the purchase receipt shows them the actually date of purchase and that is when your warranty starts.

So if you buy directly from Autel, are the units shipped from China? Where are they manufactured?

I think all of these points are valid, but I bought mine through Amazon. I try to do purchases through Amazon instead of third party vendors so if I have an issue I can return it in 30 days, no Q's asked. Obviously if you wreck it that is another issue. If you do need to come up with proof of purchase info, w/ Amazon you can just go back through "history" and print out a document.

Hello All,

I was wondering if anyone knows where I can purchase the case offered in the "Rugged Bundle"? I did not see the Rugged Bundle at the time I bought my XStar. The case that came with it is great. But I believe the other holds more gear. And its much more durable in case I want to take my drone on a trip and check it as luggage. Any ideas where I can purchase just the case would be appreciated. Thanks!

i ordered one. But from Amazon as it was 20 bucks cheaper there. Props on is a nice touch!

81FWJnrEaBL._SX466_.jpg

Last edited:
Well I don't blame you for going for the best price but I bet if you emailed Frank at CarolinaDronz he would have price matched in a second. And you would have the best customer support next to Autel :)
Frank and staff are second to none.

I used my amazon card and also get 5% cash back. Another reason I try to use my Amazon Prime when I can. :)

Yup and that is why the little mom & pop RC places are disappearing. Hope you never need some extra help because Amazon has no clue about UAV's but CarolinaDronz's does

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuckster58