Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Bo Lorentzens dropbox video link for download

Jagerbomb52

Reaction score
Here is what he had to say.

"Boys and Girls, bit of RAW media from this morning, 1.5gig worth of 4K. and a short clip from my MavicPro. Mavic Pro have a ND filter which remove the props, once the EVO gets a ND filter the props will blend out.
it was _strong_ side wind from the left, mavic constantly telling me "strong wind".
In all fairness, the MavicPro is a 2 year old sensor, and its not as pretty as the EVO.
The other thing we see is when yawing, the EVO camera is a bit unstable, and jumps, I would prefer a softer start-end of yaw moves and a more forgiving behavior, I can probably dial back the YAW behavior somewhere, and it can also be tuned in firmware.
BIGGEST issue is.. the freaking horizon roll. this is a must fix for most of us."

Dropbox - EVO-Mavic-package.zip

Reactions: HiloHawaiian

"Boys and Girls, bit of RAW media from this morning, 1.5gig worth of 4K. and a short clip from my MavicPro. Mavic Pro have a ND filter which remove the props, once the EVO gets a ND filter the props will blend out.
it was _strong_ side wind from the left, mavic constantly telling me "strong wind".
In all fairness, the MavicPro is a 2 year old sensor, and its not as pretty as the EVO.
The other thing we see is when yawing, the EVO camera is a bit unstable, and jumps, I would prefer a softer start-end of yaw moves and a more forgiving behavior, I can probably dial back the YAW behavior somewhere, and it can also be tuned in firmware.
BIGGEST issue is.. the freaking horizon roll. this is a must fix for most of us."

Stupid question. How could they announce a launch date with this issue unresolved??

This makes the Anafi’s 2-axis gimbal look rock solid... EVO video does look good though...

For those of you who like to take a closer look at a 100iso 4K video from the EVO Roughly 250meg = 20sec ish

Dropbox - MAX_0013.MOV
Hmmmmmm looked at it several times on a 4K monitor. It looked really good. Did it look great? I’d need to see more footage in varied lighting conditions, like contrasty bright highlight detail with strong shadow detail —- where smallish sensors struggle. Maybe Autel has coded some magic here — if the gradation is as good as that earlier evaluation claimed. That short clip has very flat, even, forgiving, lighting to judge it too critically...

Not a very good video on low light but I guess he tried

Yup, it’s a start! I hooked it up to a 65” 4K TV last night. It was very crisp and clear — no artifacts — but again, mid-AM flat lighting — no real shadows, smoggy. Looks like a suburb of LA...

I left a comment on the video that he has to do some more low light videos and upload some DNG files to a google drive for us to look at. He said he wanted to on the last video but it was to windy :eek: Thought this thing was good in the wind :p

I left a comment on the video that he has to do some more low light videos and upload some DNG files to a google drive for us to look at. He said he wanted to on the last video but it was to windy :eek: Thought this thing was good in the wind :p
Ok, I just watch THAT on a 65” TV (sorry for confusion w/last post, I was referring to 1st video!). It didn’t really show too much. P4P had less noise, better shadow detail, but not dramatically so. EVO better than expected, but yea, lemme d/l it...

His mind set is selling these things (works at droneworks) and not putting anything out that will drop sales :)
His distance test was kind of not legal but he did it anyways to boost sales. He said he had spotters along the way, Hmmmm I don't think even if he did they could keep line of sight from one spotter to the next.

To get the props to show in frame with a Mavic Pro is pretty hard to do. The Phantom Pro has the 'mechanical shutter" to eliminate that issue... maybe the MP II will also, maybe not.

Reactions: HiloHawaiian
His mind set is selling these things (works at droneworks) and not putting anything out that will drop sales :)
His distance test was kind of not legal but he did it anyways to boost sales. He said he had spotters along the way, Hmmmm I don't think even if he did they could keep line of sight from one spotter to the next.
Hmmmmm I never thought of that — duh, of course!

Right — I thought the rule refered to the PILOT needed to keep it in-sight at all times, not “spotters” — what can a spotter do if it’s about to hit someone? Yell DUCK!!! ?

Hmmmmm I never thought of that — duh, of course!

Right — I thought the rule refered to the PILOT needed to keep it in-sight at all times, not “spotters” — what can a spotter do if it’s about to hit someone? Yell DUCK!!! ?

Part 107 just requires spotters, not necessarily the pilot.
Presumably the spotter would tell the pilot what to do.

The purpose of spotters is to watch for other aircraft. The pilot is then responsible for figuring out how to avoid them.

Part 107 just requires spotters, not necessarily the pilot.
Presumably the spotter would tell the pilot what to do.

The purpose of spotters is to watch for other aircraft. The pilot is then responsible for figuring out how to avoid them.
LOL. I just don't see how this could work reliably? Sooooo, the "spotters" all have cell phones or better yet, walkie talkies! "Able Baker calling Tango Charlie, you have a bogie at 9'oclock high".... By the time you get through to the pilot (who I guess puts the RC down to answer), BAM!

Reactions: SRJ_North East_CT

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials