Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Camera Specs?

Reaction score
Has anybody found the specs for the camera sensor for the Xstar? I spoke with Autel support and learned the sensor is the Sony Exmor R IMX177. I'm trying to find the sensor width similar to CCD on some cameras. Thanks.

Anthony

You might be able to find what you need from this mapping PDF. The author did a lot of researching on the camera and had a hard time getting answers.

Attachments

• 1_XSP_Ortho_Guide.pdf
    328.9 KB · Views: 41
Last edited:
For those who might be interested, I have updated the pdf on my original post to include reference to fact that the X-Star uses the Sony Exmor R IMX117 sensor (As far as I can determine, I don't believe Sony ever produced an IMX177 model).

The reference to the IMX177 came directly from Autel support. Would be great if somebody else requested the sensor model number from Autel and see it they provide the same info...

Thanks guys.

How did you locate the sensor dimensions listed on the PDF?

The reference to the IMX177 came directly from Autel support. Would be great if somebody else requested the sensor model number from Autel and see it they provide the same info...

Thanks guys.

How did you locate the sensor dimensions listed on the PDF?
Wouldn't be the first time CS is "slightly" wrong:). They seemed to have no clue when I first asked about it back in June. I asked them to confirm if it was the IMX117, and they never really exactly replied, however that's the only 12 MP Exmor R sensor that I am aware of. It also matches the 7.81 mm diagonal dimension that was provided to me by Autel. I can find no references anywhere to an IMX177, so I suspect it's just a typo (of course, I could be wrong, I'm no expert, just going by what I can dig up through research).

There are a number of sources for specs on the IMX117, it's a fairly popular sensor, probably the easiest one to look at is on wikipedia: Exmor - Wikipedia

And here's another comparison between those same 2 cameras that shows the GoPro Hero 4 having the IMX117 sensor:

Yi Technology

Needles to say, there's plenty of confusion to go around! :)

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sky3d