Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Camera Won't Connect

ichibon

Reaction score
Website
www.kyleis.me
Hello, I'm currently unable to view pics and videos from the Starlink app when it's connected to my X-Star Premium drone.

Also, while flying, I can take videos and pics with the remote control, but the functionality is unavailable with the Starlink app.

It's also saying that the SD card is N/A and it cannot be formatted and it' says that the camera is disconnected. I've deleted and reinstalled the app on iOS.

Can anyone helScreen Shot 2017-12-07 at 2.56.50 PM.png Screen Shot 2017-12-07 at 2.57.11 PM.png Screen Shot 2017-12-07 at 2.57.21 PM.png

Just the obvious that I presume you’ve already tried. I see that you are inside. What happens when you are outside? Is the mode selector on GPS? Did you turn on RC first and then X-Star? What happens if you press “calibrate” I’m guessing nothing? Have you tried a different lightning cable? Is it an approved apple cable? Is your iOS device on the Autel approved list? Have you tried pulling and reinserting the SD card on the camera? ( Drone is off of course) Have you tried a different battery on the drone? Whenever I’ve had that problem it was with an old non-approved iPad. Sometimes it worked, sometimes not. With a newer iPad, I had it not work with one cable, but work with another. (It was actually after a recent iOS update when Apple started complaining about my cable .... a different cable worked every time.)

Reactions: Ozark78
You say you have a iOS system. If you have updated to the latest Apple iOS then that is probably your problem. The App will not run on iOS 11.2.

Hongfei AR
Moderator · 15 hrs
Hello XSP iOS users,
Apple started to push the iOS 11.2 update a few days ago. We are aware of the iOS StarLink for XSP has the new camera status display issue that all camera related buttons are greyed out after installing the iOS 11.2 update. Some settings are missing as well. This bug has been reported early this week and our engineering team has been working on the patch. My suggestion is to stay away from the iOS 11.2 update for now or use other devices. We will give you update once the patch is ready! Thanks for your support and stay tuned!

Reactions: James L.
Just the obvious that I presume you’ve already tried. I see that you are inside. What happens when you are outside? Is the mode selector on GPS? Did you turn on RC first and then X-Star? What happens if you press “calibrate” I’m guessing nothing? Have you tried a different lightning cable? Is it an approved apple cable? Is your iOS device on the Autel approved list? Have you tried pulling and reinserting the SD card on the camera? ( Drone is off of course) Have you tried a different battery on the drone? Whenever I’ve had that problem it was with an old non-approved iPad. Sometimes it worked, sometimes not. With a newer iPad, I had it not work with one cable, but work with another. (It was actually after a recent iOS update when Apple started complaining about my cable .... a different cable worked every time.)

I was originally outside when I had all these problems. I tried a different lightning cable. I deleted and reinstalled the app. I contacted support and they said that he problem is on their end with the iOS app which is just crazy to me. I hope they update it soon.

Oh crap, just did the update on the iOS. So I'm not gonna fly the X-star just to be safe.

Lucky me I just did the update and now it won't connect to the video and I also notice it won't do a GPS sync. I have tried installing the old firmware with no luck. It does unpack the new firmware and convert to old when I try to reinstall. All the same cables I have used in the past. I have tired old IOS and new (I keep all my old stuff) along with several android versions. It seems to be a corrupt firmware update with now way to flush it or do a hard reboot.

Any new ideas anyone?

Same problem here. Camera greyed out. No SD card, can,t calibrate compass, says recalibrate rc control. Has worked perfect in the past, a real mess now.

Reactions: Ernie Sweet
Have same problem with my iPhone 6.
Camera Disconnected
My iPhone has version 11.2.1 and doesn’t work.
My iPad has 11.2 and does work.
Thanks to all of you I learned about the iOS update issue
and won’t update the iPad until the Starlink app is fixed.

The same exact problem here.
Hongfei AR
Moderator · December 7 at 6:21pm
Hello XSP iOS users,
Apple started to push the iOS 11.2 update a few days ago. We are aware of the iOS StarLink for XSP has the new camera status display issue that all camera related buttons are greyed out after installing the iOS 11.2 update. Some settings are missing as well. This bug has been reported early this week and our engineering team has been working on the patch. My suggestion is to stay away from the iOS 11.2 update for now or use other devices. We will give you update once the patch is ready! Thanks for your support and stay tuned!
1f642.png

Reactions: James L.
Issues started with remote / drone connectivity and batteries when I uploaded the iSO and Autel Firmware updates last week. Could not roll back ISO update. BOTH batteries had dramatic drops from 60% to "critical" in seconds on first flights with new updates. Phone Support only narrows call backs to 24 hours then leaves a message. Disappointment is mounting. Up until this point no issues what so ever with less that 20 Flights since Dec 25 2016. Any ideas is appreciated! Happy New Year!

You say you have a iOS system. If you have updated to the latest Apple iOS then that is probably your problem. The App will not run on iOS 11.2.

Hongfei AR
Moderator · 15 hrs
Hello XSP iOS users,

Anyone hear of any progress on the patch?

Anyone hear of any progress on the patch?
Nothing specific other than this email from Autel Support

"We are working along with Apple, as well as other developers from other companies working with Apple in regards to similar issues with the latest releases of iOS. It's top priority for our team, but we do not have a time or date as to when a fix will be applied. If you are running an older iOS, then it seems to be not interfering with those.

We appreciate your patience! Happy flying!"

"We are working along with Apple, as well as other developers from other companies working with Apple in regards to similar issues with the latest releases of iOS. It's top priority for our team, but we do not have a time or date as to when a fix will be applied. If you are running an older iOS, then it seems to be not interfering with those.

Thank you.

I use a Samsung Tab A. and I have to play with it to connect! Sometimes I will plug in my phone and it will start then I will switch to the Tab. but when I turn all off! it's back to games again! All it says is video not connected. anybody have some help?

Thanks for the update!!!

So, it's now been 7 weeks since Hongfei AR acknowledged the software incompatibility. Meanwhile, some users (like me) are missing out on a once every 100 years opportunity for aerial images of the Connecticut River ice jams. I believe that Autel owes their paying customers a definitive date for the issue of the required software patch. The less than expedient time span for correction of this issue certainly isn't doing anything positive for Autel's market share.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ranga