Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Can you fly without the camera attached and maintain control?

Tim

Reaction score
Recently I lost contact between my X Star Premium and the controller. I accessed another X Star Premium and controller and had the same issue. The one common denominator was the camera. I tried in both cases without the camera and got the same results. Please advise. Tim

Tim, Absolutely, you can fly without the camera.
I would advise that you contact Autel. They are very customer oriented and give you a much better answer than you could receive on a forum. (Call them! Don't email them).

As Cori said talk to Autel but the main problem with these UAV's is the camera connection. I does not take a whole lot of time for them to get a small form of oxidation on the metal fingers. They need to be cleaned with a good contact cleaner or rubbing alcohol. I carry a can of contact cleaner in my truck just in case.
The camera is the life line of these UAV's so the contacts need to be kept clean.

Reactions: dronechimp
Tim, Absolutely, you can fly without the camera.
I would advise that you contact Autel. They are very customer oriented and give you a much better answer than you could receive on a forum. (Call them! Don't email them).
Thanks for the input. Right now I'm working with Carolina Dronz. Autel is very specific on how they want to proceed and it can be frustrating . I know they mean well but, you can't talk to them like you talk to a technician. You know a back and forth conversation.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuckster58