Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Considering Buying used XSP

ecdhunt

Reaction score
I've been reading on the forum for a few days because I'm considering buying a used XSP. I'm really new to drones, being recently introduced to them via a Hubsan 501s I ended up with as part of a charity event. After shooting my first video from 150 feet, I was hooked. Was originally leaning Mavic Pro for size/portability, but then the Autel came up for sale. As an amateur photographer that still shoots film the Autel is appealing.

I have the opportunity to buy what seems like a great deal; all of this for $750:

Autel X-Star Premium, with case. It Has around 3 hours on it. 5 batteries, 6 sets of brand new props, 2-64gig micro SD cards, card adapter, extended range antenna, card holder, 4K 3axis video camera, HD photos, 2 brand new prop guard sets, Tiffen filters, gimbal guard, several spare parts kits, zero gravity harness, other harness, tablet sunshade, and other stuff in photos. 42" Landing pad.

It looks very clean, seems odd that it has a white controller with orange drone. Has all the manuals and paperwork. Guy apparently has several drones, bought it for his wife, and she doesn't enjoy flying.

What should I look for before buying it on Monday? And i assume I can use my iPhone to fly it until I figure out which tablet I want to use?

Thanks in advance.

Aaron

$750 sounds like a deal, at least with 5 batteries at least since they run between $80 and $100. Hard to tell really how many hours one drone has, since I can fly 100 hours on one device, 5 hours on other device, and show you that one, and say it has 5 hours, just my option on that one tho. Not sure it really matters tho, and I am also not sure how well Autel will handle warranty replacement parts since you wont be able to show proof of purchase. I had a battery go bad, they had no issues with sending me a new one once I provided them with a receipt.

I would say look into the warranty part, if Autel will still provide a warranty if you buy from a private person then great deal, if not then it may be worth it just to buy brand new.

I use Android for mine so cant help with that question. I would say try a smaller tablet rather than a large one, but that is also option too. The only thing that I would question is if this guy has several other drones and uses them, then why is he getting rid of everything? Why not just sell the drone with its parts, not the landing pad, 5 batteries, tablet sunshade. If I had two XSP I would sell one with maybe one or two batteries.

Yeah, good point!!!!

I would ask for a screen picture of each battery which will show how well it charges to full capacity and how many times it's been charged.

As said above, he may be dumping off all his older, weaker batteries.

Others might be able to tell you how to start up the drone and retrieve the flight data from it to know it's flight time.

I'm meeting the seller to check out the XSP tomorrow morning. He will have all batteries fully charged, and we'll do a test flight. I think the Starlink app should have some data on flights, correct? Since we've already negotiated the price, I'm starting to get excited. If I buy it, I'll do a formal introduction as an official XSP pilot tomorrow. :)

The starlink app will have flight log, however as I said above, I could use my tablet and fly 100 hours, then use my phone for 5 hours, and only show you the flight log on my phone which says 5 hours. I am told there is a way to download from the drone itself however I do not know how, or what information that would provide. But would that really change your mindset on buying it, if it had 100 hours vs. 5. In my option it would only because I enjoy catching people in a lie. :)

Good luck tho, hope everything works out tho.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elio-Italy