Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Could this be a Phantom 4 V2.0 ?

I come to this forum to get information on Autel drones.

I come to this forum to get information on Autel drones.
The reason it is posted in the Pilots Lounge / Off Topic section is so you can read it if you want. I am really tired of you trying to railroad my posts and make yourself look like some kind of hero here.
Between forums, Facebook and YouTube I spend around 5 hours minimum a day trying to find info to help people with a problem. Sometimes my info might not be 100% but I tried. You don’t have even a 10th of a clue the level of time and effort I put in because I want to, people then can like what they see or they don’t, that’s great there is really no plan here other than to help people overall, reviews is something else I like doing and will continue to do so and I’m not going to apologies for that, what I know from the majority is people appreciate it, they thank me and say some nice things, a few don’t and that’s ok too.
Now While this is fun I have more pressing issues.

Regards

Reactions: Jose
Hello Sir. Normally I would respond to a post such as yours' with a 'Personal Message.' There is no reason that members, of any forum should be subject to, or involved in a personal conflict. However, in this case, I am responding in the open forum since I my previous responses to some of your posts have been in the better interest of the forum, and the people who come to the forum for information and resources regarding AUTEL drones.

Since the first of this year, your desire to seek 'information' from sources such as YouTube, Facebook; anything you could find to post on this forum, became more than apparent. Not only were many of your posts based totally on speculation (from yourself and from others), but some were simply misleading. Additionally, other posts from you were negative, and even depressing. (Especially to someone who might have just purchased a new Autel drone.) Worst, I have viewed posts that you have made which have contained technical advice that was/is simply wrong. Rather than tell you that you were/are wrong, I instead chose the high road, which was to join the thread, and show viewers other resources which were/are more credible and which could provide users with the best information. Oftentimes, while we would like to help out fellow AUTEL drone users, the best help that we can give is to encourage them to contact Autel; particularly when Autel has such a good/great reputation for providing good and prompt customer service. But, 'Railoading' you - no way! I can certainly understand why you might feel vindicated if I, or someone else, posts a response that offers an idea or remedy that might conflict with your idea. But, neither you or I are always correct. I would also like to suggest that the likelihood is low that you, or the information you present is correct if it comes from 'social media'. Social media is a grapevine that has turned into a weed.
I have an extensive background in electronics, including RF (radio), and battery technology; including lithium battery technology. Despite my knowledge, if someone posts the question as to whether they can use another brand motor on their Autel drone, I would still encourage them to contact Autel (rather than rely on social media, or even on the experience of another person. If I don't have factual information on the subject, I'm not going to touch it. I have viewed posts that you have made with regards to the use of a 'battery discharger.'
Unfortunately, the information you have provided has not only been misleading, but could even cause a safety risk. I am familiar with the discharger you have referenced. While this discharger DOES discharge a battery, it does it in a completely different way, and at a different rate (measured in amp-hours) than the discharger in the drone battery does. In fact, the discharger that you have recommended can possibly (not guaranteed to) damage both a Li-Po and a Li-Ion film battery. Additionally, it increases the risk of fire or explosion. Even if that risk was only increased by 5%, it is more risk than any of us want to take or accept. But, in fact, the risk is much higher. Because the discharger has not damaged, or caused your battery to fail or flame, it still does not justify the use of the discharger. No matter what manufacturer you are talking about, any responsible manufacturer who utilizes Lithium batteries with their product has done extensive testing with the battery before it is released to the public. Even with extensive testing, manufacturers and sellers of Lithium batteries (such as Apple, Sanyo, Panasonic) still face continuing failures and challenges. The development of Lithium batteries is absolutely a great technological advance. But, the criteria involved in both manufacturing and use are great. Anyone who thinks that they can 'second-guess' the research, development, and battery control firmware and hardware that manufacturers have developed is acting irresponsibly. The discharger that you have referenced is not endorsed by ANY drone manufacturer. You have said that users of another brand have used the discharger successfully. That still does not mean that it does not increase the risk of damage or hazard to those users or to an Autel battery. To recommend that anyone use an 'aftermarket' product on any Lithium battery is to act irresponsibly and with risk. Just recently, you said (on this forum) to a person that "many people" are now using the discharger you have referenced. Hmmm. While I may be wrong, (and am certainly open to correction), I am only familiar with 2 or 3 other users on this forum who have taken your advice and are now using the discharger you have referred to. That's a far cry from "many".
So, when I reply to your, or anyone's post that might contain misleading information, and when I provide additional information that is based on fact and comes from a credible source, I am not 'railroading you'. Rather, I am 'providing information to others' which I simply feel and am confident is more accurate. I am not competing with you. But, I'm not going to sit idle and watch/read as you, or anyone provide information which could be misleading or inaccurate. A while back, you made a post in which you gave very inaccurate information on battery usage of an Android device when that device was connected to a drone controller. While you may have read about that symptom on some other forum, on facebook, or elsewhere, the advice you gave was very inaccurate, and thus, misleading. In fact, neither the controller or a phone/tablet transfer electrical current to or from each other - at any time!. Rather, they only transfer digital data. Again, rather than saying you were/are wrong, I instead simply tried to clarify and correct the information, so that the use/poster who was having difficulty would receive the most accurate information, and get the best results. I might suggest that, if you do not have expertise in electronics (including battery technology) that you refrain from giving advice; especially when that advice is based on information you received from an unreliable source. Cori Gunnison
PS: Here is a good way to read Chinese, or any language you are unfamiliar with. :)Bing Microsoft Translator

Last edited:
Hello Sir. Normally I would respond to a post such as yours' with a 'Personal Message.' There is no reason that members, of any forum should be subject to, or involved in a personal conflict. However, in this case, I am responding in the open forum since I my previous responses to some of your posts have been in the better interest of the forum, and the people who come to the forum for information and resources regarding AUTEL drones.

Since the first of this year, your desire to seek 'information' from sources such as YouTube, Facebook; anything you could find to post on this forum, became more than apparent. Not only were many of your posts based totally on speculation (from yourself and from others), but some were simply misleading. Additionally, other posts from you were negative, and even depressing. (Especially to someone who might have just purchased a new Autel drone.) Worst, I have viewed posts that you have made which have contained technical advice that was/is simply wrong. Rather than tell you that you were/are wrong, I instead chose the high road, which was to join the thread, and show viewers other resources which were/are more credible and which could provide users with the best information. Oftentimes, while we would like to help out fellow AUTEL drone users, the best help that we can give is to encourage them to contact Autel; particularly when Autel has such a good/great reputation for providing good and prompt customer service. But, 'Railoading' you - no way! I can certainly understand why you might feel vindicated if I, or someone else, posts a response that offers an idea or remedy that might conflict with your idea. But, neither you or I are always correct. I would also like to suggest that the likelihood is low that you, or the information you present is correct if it comes from 'social media'. Social media is a grapevine that has turned into a weed.
I have an extensive background in electronics, including RF (radio), and battery technology; including lithium battery technology. Despite my knowledge, if someone posts the question as to whether they can use another brand motor on their Autel drone, I would still encourage them to contact Autel (rather than rely on social media, or even on the experience of another person. If I don't have factual information on the subject, I'm not going to touch it. I have viewed posts that you have made with regards to the use of a 'battery discharger.'
Unfortunately, the information you have provided has not only been misleading, but could even cause a safety risk. I am familiar with the discharger you have referenced. While this discharger DOES discharge a battery, it does it in a completely different way, and at a different rate (measured in amp-hours) than the discharger in the drone battery does. In fact, the discharger that you have recommended can possibly (not guaranteed to) damage both a Li-Po and a Li-Ion film battery. Additionally, it increases the risk of fire or explosion. Even if that risk was only increased by 5%, it is more risk than any of us want to take or accept. But, in fact, the risk is much higher. Because the discharger has not damaged, or caused your battery to fail or flame, it still does not justify the use of the discharger. No matter what manufacturer you are talking about, any responsible manufacturer who utilizes Lithium batteries with their product has done extensive testing with the battery before it is released to the public. Even with extensive testing, manufacturers and sellers of Lithium batteries (such as Apple, Sanyo, Panasonic) still face continuing failures and challenges. The development of Lithium batteries is absolutely a great technological advance. But, the criteria involved in both manufacturing and use are great. Anyone who thinks that they can 'second-guess' the research, development, and battery control firmware and hardware that manufacturers have developed is acting irresponsibly. The discharger that you have referenced is not endorsed by ANY drone manufacturer. You have said that users of another brand have used the discharger successfully. That still does not mean that it does not increase the risk of damage or hazard to those users or to an Autel battery. To recommend that anyone use an 'aftermarket' product on any Lithium battery is to act irresponsibly and with risk. Just recently, you said (on this forum) to a person that "many people" are now using the discharger you have referenced. Hmmm. While I may be wrong, (and am certainly open to correction), I am only familiar with 2 or 3 other users on this forum who have taken your advice and are now using the discharger you have referred to. That's a far cry from "many".
So, when I reply to your, or anyone's post that might contain misleading information, and when I provide additional information that is based on fact and comes from a credible source, I am not 'railroading you'. Rather, I am 'providing information to others' which I simply feel and am confident is more accurate. I am not competing with you. But, I'm not going to sit idle and watch/read as you, or anyone provide information which could be misleading or inaccurate. A while back, you made a post in which you gave very inaccurate information on battery usage of an Android device when that device was connected to a drone controller. While you may have read about that symptom on some other forum, on facebook, or elsewhere, the advice you gave was very inaccurate, and thus, misleading. In fact, neither the controller or a phone/tablet transfer electrical current to or from each other - at any time!. Rather, they only transfer digital data. Again, rather than saying you were/are wrong, I instead simply tried to clarify and correct the information, so that the use/poster who was having difficulty would receive the most accurate information, and get the best results. I might suggest that, if you do not have expertise in electronics (including battery technology) that you refrain from giving advice; especially when that advice is based on information you received from an unreliable source. Cori Gunnison
PS: Here is a good way to read Chinese, or any language you are unfamiliar with. :)Bing Microsoft Translator

I appreciate all your wonderful feedback but you over think stuff way to much.
Your post was "I come to this forum to get information on Autel drones." and that was a direct attack on me.
There is a reason this was posted in the off topic section and you failed to understand that simple fact. Your not so dam smart after all.

Oh and your reference to me recommending that discharger I had no idea it existed until one of the 3 people you mentioned found it on ebay or someplace like that. I only relayed their info to another member so get things straight. And your comment on the android power, as you suggested people should talk to Autel which I did and the tech support guy confirmed that it does draw power from the RC tx.

Oh my how can this be?? My Android tablet is charging off of my RC tx controller??

Last edited:
Consumer level products are intended to move the product. Nothing more, nothing less. Most products meet the minimum level necessary to fit the targeted demographic. Once they achieve that level nothing further is required from the business perspective. This is kind of raw, but they provide a functional aircraft, controller, and charger, the charger meets the minimum standards necessary to safely charge the batteries. Those desiring greater capability have the option of becoming informed (that's called "due diligence") and and obtaining better at the individual level.

Computer and camera manufacturers are no different really. They provide products using Lipo batteries that have exactly the same chemistries and characteristics as what we use in our hobby aircraft. Ours are just larger. Their chargers do not provide discharge capability. Camera manufacturers do not inform their customers of the best battery storage practices, and few computer manufacturers provide much info about the proper care and storage of their batteries. What they provide works as well as it needs to in order to make their products useful. Could they be better? Absolutely, but they would have to increase the price to a level some demographic study indicated would be higher than people would be willing to pay.

OTOH, the internet has a wealth of information covering a great many things. Basic search functions will lead anyone to any information they desire and are willing to investigate. But people must first have a desire to learn more and unfortunately many seem to think everyone else owes them that information and should have to provide it upon demand. A free, basic education ends at the grade school level. Anything beyond that requires personal initiative. I'm not trying to be a chit with the above but people simply have to take the initiative if they want to learn more or be as informed as they can. Because someone buys something does not mean the maker of what they bought is then responsible to spoon feed the buyer extensive, in depth information for all eternity. If people want something they need to go after it. If they want everything delivered to them they are in for a long wait.

Those some view as "experts" gained what knowledge they have through experience and research. They elected to become involved in activities that required the use of different technologies and in order to become proficient needed to become better informed. They took the time and expended the effort to read as much as they could find about the subjects they were interested in. Some experimented to establish limits not generally published. In short, they wanted to learn more and therefore did. Some of them share what they have learned when others ask, some unfortunately don't, but what all of them know can be found.

Agustine and Cori,
Although I am new to here, the he/she said things with text can be assumed so many different ways from the receivers point of view.
You both add good insite to this forum. To argue over who is right and wrong, spends more time researching vs time counteracting this should be left up to the viewers. We are here because we share a common interest!
As with a family or group of friends, there is always a chance of indifference .
Some may have technical background, where others have hands on. No matter what, with them both together it can be very informative to us all. Again its the viewer who seeks an answer or information and it is up to them and only them to except who's input helps most at their own expense .
Reading above shows me real passion on both parties! And you both have given me advice and thank you both, but at the end of the day I will gather the info you are putting out there and choose what I feel is right. And guess what? I'm wrong sometimes, but I'm right at times too. This helps me learn.
So thank you both again for your input and hope you can overcome your differences, at the end of the day it's all good! :)

PS emojis help! :cool:

Computer and camera manufacturers are no different really. They provide products using Lipo batteries that have exactly the same chemistries and characteristics as what we use in our hobby aircraft.

Saw this and must say that you are incorrect. There are many different chemistries available in Lithium batteries, depending on their application, the amount of current they draw, how fast they need to charge, etc. Also, a charger might work well for a battery it was designed for, but put it on a battery (of the same voltage) that the charger was not designed for, and you'll have a fire. Discharging is also similar. Different lithium batteries are designed to charge and discharge at different rates. Charge or discharge them differently (with a charger or discharger that wasn't designed for them) and you'll have fire or failure. Each and every Lithium battery is a unique piece of designed technology.

In your video above (Augustine) your tablet is not charging. Instead, it is displaying it's charge level which can happen whenever it is connected to another device.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jagerbomb52
Thanks for your input but Autels costumer support when asked said it is actually charging. If he is wrong you should email them and let them know they are handing out false information.

screenshot-mail.tbaytel.net 2018.05.07 17-48-19.jpeg

Your video, above, attempts to show that an Android tablet is being charged from the Autel Control. The last three words on the statement above make it clear that the controller won't charge the TABLET. :)

Reactions: Jagerbomb52

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rudymuller