Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Desert flight with my AXP

rkyleh

Reaction score
Man I love this drone! I need a lot more stick time with it to really get comfortable with the way it flies. In the mean time here is another clip of the Nevada desert in a different location. This one is at the 5000 foot level.
You can see how grey the sage is as compared to the Joshua Trees.

Well that warmed me up as the temps here today are
24 °F but feels like 14 °F.

Nice video but I did notice you had a lot of horizontal lines. This comes from bright sunlight and the props reflection. Get yourself a set of ND filters. They will help cut down on those lines.

Reactions: Squirrel!

Nice video but I did notice you had a lot of horizontal lines. This comes from bright sunlight and the props reflection. Get yourself a set of ND filters. They will help cut down on those lines.
The filters are on my list. Do you have a recommendation?

Thanks for a desert view. I haven't traveled to the south-west in decades.
There appear to be game trails around 2 minutes. What would make them?

Thanks for a desert view. I haven't traveled to the south-west in decades.
There appear to be game trails around 2 minutes. What would make them?
All of the game trails are from wild horse's and burro's. Mostly wild burro's any more because the BLM thinned out the horse herd. There was to many and they were over grazing the range. If you let them overgraze the range in the desert environment it takes decades for it to grow back. And before anybody starts about the mustangs these horse's are stock horse's that people turn loose because they can't afford them. My Dad was a mustanger when I was a kid so I know what mustangs look like. Ugly little runts with a big roman nose. He gave me a colt when I was ten and I rode that little horse all over the Utah desert.

Reactions: KentA

Forget the recommendation I just watched your video about the nd16 filter. That was a beautiful video. I just ordered a set.

That's my kind of country, nice job! One thing I might pass along that I recently discovered, if I tilt the camera down about 10-15 degrees, I can usually get all the horizon I need and it keep the props out of the top of the frame (unless the wind is really blowing...). Thanks for sharing, I've found it really exciting to fly up a canyon watching that ground get closer & closer (especially if I'm already at max altitude:eek:)!

Reactions: Tommy Molnar
Nice job, love the views I sure don’t have wide open spaces! Man that would be a blast, and nice all year long! Enjoy and can’t wait to see more.

Safe flying

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Marshall@DRONE