Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Distance

As others have said, there are many variables in distance testing. This looks pretty realistic, in terms of not having too many obstacles, (natural or otherwise) along the way — a straight shot. He’s right, we won’t be flying that far anyway. If I can get close to 2 miles w/o signal loss in varied terrain, I’m a happy camper!

I would like to see the whole unedited flight. I believe the tilted horizon is there. Till the FW update this week we won,t know.

I wonder what the next step is for this company if the firmware does not fix tilted horizon or if it even gets released this week. I see Bo Lorentzen did not post a new video like he said he would on Friday or Saturday. He was going to show all the autonomous features but maybe he is waiting on this new mystery firmware.

Did I note a little cynicism here? From what I see on this video and his explanation of playing with the antenna I thought it looked pretty darn good. I don't see any tilt in this one. If there is it would be fine with me because I don't fly on flat land anyway :)

I just watched his vid on the distance test with the phantoms. Not much difference in all three 3.6 to 3.7 roughly. So far the EVO is looking pretty darn good.

Did I note a little cynicism here? From what I see on this video and his explanation of playing with the antenna I thought it looked pretty darn good. I don't see any tilt in this one. If there is it would be fine with me because I don't fly on flat land anyway :)

Like Bo mentioned on his blog that the issue is the rolling horizon, a 90deg snap yaw will roll it a LOT and it will not recover entirely and keeps coming back even after adjusting the gimbal in the App. Since this guy was just going for distance with very little turning you probably will not see to much tilt. At least I would hope you wouldn't

Last edited:
Looks like Autel was pretty accurate in their advertising. Also, his horizon doesn't seem as bad as dobo's.

It looks like 3.6mi is about Max range for a round-trip. It almost didn't make it back. Seems like that's good enough.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuckster58