Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

DJI Rumors MAVIC PRO II

Jagerbomb52

Reaction score
I will put this here in the OFF TOPIC section for those that get upset at posts for other UAV's. If you don't like reading about other choices than this is not for you.

UPDATED RUMORED SPECS OF THE MAVIC PRO II
  • The official name will be Mavic Pro II instead of Mavic Pro 2
  • It will be substantially larger than the current Mavic Pro
  • 8.8mm lens (equivalent to a 24mm field-of-view in the 35mm world)
  • Camera/gimbal combination will be the FC6510, which is the Zenmuse X4S (link 1 and link 2) – No longer true as the X4S has a 1-inch sensor.
  • 4820 mAh battery capacity and 15.2 V power (compared with 3830 mAh and 11.4 V for the current Mavic Pro).
  • Different battery design than the current Mavic Pro
  • Upgraded propulsion with larger motors (slightly smaller than current Phantom 4)
  • 32-minute flight time. Maybe longer (current Mavic Pro has 27-minute and Platinum 30-minute flight time).
  • It will have ‘quiet’ propellers
  • Top speed is 72 kph (45 mph) in sport mode (2/24)
  • 1/1.7″ CMOS sensor (current Mavic Pro has 1/2.3” CMOS sensor) with 28mm (now 24mm) lens.
  • No mechanical shutter
  • Variable iris/aperture F2.8-F11
  • Newly designed 3-axis gimbal
  • Obstacle avoidance in all directions
  • Infrared 3D sensing to avoid obstacles even in the dark
  • It will have an improved vision processing system, faster than Mavic Air
  • Binocular rear vision obstacle avoidance sensors.
  • The same design of remote control as old Mavic Pro but drastically improved
  • Will use OcuSync.
  • Video transmission frequency is unknown.
  • Improved agility and precision.
  • Expected to outperform current Phantom 4 Pro.
  • Beta testing of the Mavic Pro II ended late January.
  • Mass production has started already (early Feb) and will not be impacted by Chines New Year.
  • Launch date possibly March 22nd but could be later. Update: launch date likely to be in June
  • The Mavic Pro 2 will be controlled with the DJI GO 4 app just like the current Mavic Pro.
  • Expected price point: $1299 USD or more. The FlyMore combo will be more expensive. It will be very expensive!!

I'm on the fence about this. Do you really need a one inch senser? Or is it just nice to say you have one?

For low light conditions it does make a great deal of difference. For me being a amature photographer and hardly shoot in low light conditions no it would not matter to much but yes it would be nice to have on those occasions that I might benefit from of it :)

We'll, I gotta tell ya. I've had my Phantom 4 for 3-days now, and it has been non stop reading and fiddling. If it ever starts working properly, then I will take a look at the Phantom 4 Pro, but at this point I'm still on the fence as to whether I have to box it up and mail it back to the factory.

I will write more later when I have more time.

We'll, I gotta tell ya. I've had my Phantom 4 for 3-days now, and it has been non stop reading and fiddling. If it ever starts working properly, then I will take a look at the Phantom 4 Pro, but at this point I'm still on the fence as to whether I have to box it up and mail it back to the factory.

I will write more later when I have more time.
I assume you are part of the Phantom forum... did you post there? Let us know what the issues you're having.

The Phantom arrived on Thursday. It was supposed to be a refurbished drone with scratches and blemishes, but I don't think that was the case, because this drone appeared to be brand spanking new without a scratch or blemish to be found. The battery registered zero charges.

During the evening I was able to take a small test flight, and the video on the tablet was very choppy and kept freezing up. When I came home I changed the settings from 4k to 2k.

There's not much I can say at this point. On Friday I was able to test the Phantom again. I took it to an open field which is actually about a 40 acer meadow. Natural I wanted to calibrate the compass, but I could not find the compass calibration button, and the app insisted that the compass was fine, and displayed green lights to fly.

So I sent the Phantom up, and home point was recorded. I sent it out a ways and hit return home. The Phantom promptly came back, but I was unable to cancel the return home on the remote. I hit the pause button several times but it insisted on landing and shutting down.

I took off again with the confidence that the Phantom new where home was. After being in the air for about 10-minutes at about a 130 altitude, the app closed so I restarted it. Then there was a compass interference, and the Phantom went into ATTI mode.

Immediately at high speed it was being sucked to the same area where my XSP went bananas. I tried to bring it back to me, but what ever was pulling on it was to strong. There is a patch of trees there so fearing for a crash I lowered the phantom down. This was about 500 feet from me, and when it was about 6-feet from the ground, whatever was pulling on it was still trying to suck it into the trees. So I slammed the elevator stick down and held it, and the Phantom landed on both legs and did not tip over.

On Saturday I took it to work with me and updated to the latest firmware. I calibrated the IMU, and gimble. Today I can't do any flight testing because it's just to windy.

I have read and read on this subject, but have found no answers.

There should be no compass errors in this meadow. I've flown my XSP over this area many, many, times, last spring, and never had a problem.

Dji has their discontinued Phantom 4 Standard _refurb for a new price....$699.

I assume you are part of the Phantom forum... did you post there? Let us know what the issues you're having.

I think between the FW update, the IMU calibrate, and the compass calibrate; that did the trick.

I did a 15-minute test flight today in the same field, and it FLOATED THROUGH THE AIR LIKE BUTTER. Very stable and responsive, and no compass error.

Dji has their discontinued Phantom 4 Standard _refurb for a new price....$699.

If you read my post you will see I just bought one, and like I said, the one I got did not seem to be refurbished. I ordered on Monday, and it was on my doorstep on Thursday!

If you read my post you will see I just bought one, and like I said, the one I got did not seem to be refurbished. I ordered on Monday, and it was on my doorstep on Thursday!
Glad to see your all sorted. It is a great drone and remembers, you are not forced to update like some think. Just bypass the update notice if you wish. I have heard of others who bought a refurb and it was just like new.

Reactions: xspwhite

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuckster58