Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

DNG files lower quality then JPG?

Well I'm no expert with video :) but I will try to help. If you are shooting in 2K you should have very good resolution. Now you said the wheel on the side you moved. If you are in auto and turn the wheel it will adjust your exposure value (EV settings). What you should have up on your phone screen is the Histogram and get the graph as even as you can. Its like a light meter. You can also use the over exposure warning, this will produce zebra stripes letting you know it is over exposed.

Now If you happen to be in manual the wheel is going to adjust the ISO. Read up on how to use the ISO if you do not know.

Only other thing I can suggest is maybe the SDcard is no good but I really cannot see it affecting the Resolution.

Do you have a very short video you can upload to say google drive or dropbox? It would be good to see what you are talking about.

Well I'm no expert with video :) but I will try to help. If you are shooting in 2K you should have very good resolution. Now you said the wheel on the side you moved. If you are in auto and turn the wheel it will adjust your exposure value (EV settings). What you should have up on your phone screen is the Histogram and get the graph as even as you can. Its like a light meter. You can also use the over exposure warning, this will produce zebra stripes letting you know it is over exposed.

Now If you happen to be in manual the wheel is going to adjust the ISO. Read up on how to use the ISO if you do not know.

Only other thing I can suggest is maybe the SDcard is no good but I really cannot see it affecting the Resolution.

Do you have a very short video you can upload to say google drive or dropbox? It would be good to see what you are talking about.
Thanks Austine. I will set it to Histogram and see if that helps. I'm a bit worn out on this issue and while Autel has tried to be helpful they have not responded to my latest request (2 days). I appreciate the input and I will report back. Many thanks!

Agustine, you are very knowledgeable and I am having a problem with resolution that Autel hasn't so far been able to help me with. When I first got my XPS I could get wicked recorded vid on my 2k monitor. Even after it crashed once, it still worked just fine. Moving forward, the reso is horrible now. I inadvertently moved the camera wheel on the right side of my controller, but have put it back to auto. Problem still persist with the low reso. Is that enough info to point me in the right direction to reclaim my former resolution or as one contributor suggested, I have maybe a hardware problem? The last thing we did was to go to MP4 from MOV. , but that hasn't helped. My computer is not the issue IMO. Watching on my cell phone is clear while monitoring the flight.
Do you have a fellow "pumpkinPilot" that will let you swap with his camera ........ if I lived close, I would LOVE that kinda R&D

Agustine, you are very knowledgeable and I am having a problem with resolution that Autel hasn't so far been able to help me with. When I first got my XPS I could get wicked recorded vid on my 2k monitor. Even after it crashed once, it still worked just fine. Moving forward, the reso is horrible now. I inadvertently moved the camera wheel on the right side of my controller, but have put it back to auto. Problem still persist with the low reso. Is that enough info to point me in the right direction to reclaim my former resolution or as one contributor suggested, I have maybe a hardware problem? The last thing we did was to go to MP4 from MOV. , but that hasn't helped. My computer is not the issue IMO. Watching on my cell phone is clear while monitoring the flight.
Also...... how are you still photos. I judge my best shot with morning and afternoon lighting

Also...... how are you still photos. I judge my best shot with morning and afternoon lighting
Sorry to all for just getting back as we have had a family situation that has required our attention. Having said that, I plan on testing the suggestions and I'll keep you updated when I have results. I really appreciate your comments and I am going one step at a time to isolate the problem. Thank you!

Sorry to all for just getting back as we have had a family situation that has required our attention. Having said that, I plan on testing the suggestions and I'll keep you updated when I have results. I really appreciate your comments and I am going one step at a time to isolate the problem. Thank you!
Did I see somewhere that you're in NorCal?

Did I see somewhere that you're in NorCal?
We are about an hour apart. He might come here to swap cameras. The only thing (probably wouldn't happen) is that his wiring may have some kind of short to the camera and render my camera the same as his. Not likely but something to think about.

It may be the ribbon cable. I had to replace mine after an "incident"; only problem is it only comes in a kit, and the kit is $20! If your camera is fuzzy on his drone but his is clear on yours, try swapping the ribbon cables and see if that clears things up. Just a thought!

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elio-Italy