Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Evo Lite + Inexpensive?

Cade

Reaction score
Why have I been allowed to buy an Evo Lite+ Pro Bundle for £860 in the UK?

This seems very cheap? I flew it at the weekend. Great images and Film. I own quite a few drones. This one seemed cheaper than it should be. Is it a discontinued line now?

Peter

It‘s not discontinued. Just not very popular. It was sold here in the States for $900. Problem is Autel’s software & customer service are quite poor.

It‘s not discontinued. Just not very popular. It was sold here in the States for $900. Problem is Autel’s software & customer service are quite poor.
Thanks for replying.
Well that's a shame, they should sort it out, because on the face of it, the product seems good.
Pete

Thanks for replying.
Well that's a shame, they should sort it out, because on the face of it, the product seems good.
Pete
The hardware is excellent. I bought the bundle for that price & kept it. Other than flying eratic at times it’s been trouble free. For long flights I fly a DJI Air2 & Air2s.

Autel dropped the price fairly significantly after more than a year on the market - just as DJI has done on it's drones - esp as they get older. The Air2S is on fire sale since the Air3 came out.

If you got a deal - appreciate it. I got my first Lite+ Premium Bundle last Dec for $1,400 US. Price remained that way till about March - April '23 timeframe. Unless you get the bundle at Costco (about $990) - the price is still over $1,100 at many places.

Another reason may be that Autel is trying to clear it's inventory - since it is leaving the "prosumer" space. So, no more recreational drones in their future - as it stands today.

As for PakNheat380 comment - bunk. My Lite+ makes any Air2 series look like the 2-3 yr old tech crap it is. BTW - Pak - own an Air2 - so I do have a clue and can compare. I flew my Air2 for 3 years - having to have it replaced about a year or so ago due to it crashing. Also the batteries are bulging - so it sits while the Lite+ does way better. I can fly my Lite+ in higher wind speeds than the Air2 - Lite being Class 7 and Air2 maybe 4-5; which is pretty significant. Yes, the 2S does have 10 minutes more flight time than the 2, but at close to 38 min's for the Lite+ - still beats the DJI's. Camera quality is far better on the Lite+ as well. But if you like the Air series - then fly them.

It's too bad Autel is leaving the prosumer space - as their innovations were far ahead DJI's and probably pushed DJI to put more tech into their drones. Even Autel's SkyLink is equivalent to DJI's OS4, but OS4 is only coming out on lower priced drones like the Air3 (new) and possibly the Mini4. Want in other DJI drones - got to buy the more expensive M3 series. Triband beats dual band (OS3 and below on DJI) all day every day.

For Euro folks - there is a company in Germany that seems to be Autel's Rep in Europe. They have a FB page, so maybe check them out. They seem very knowledgeable, esp compared to Autel USA's next to nothing customer / tech support group. That's the real aggravating part for US owners - as they had some quality people in CS, but due to a constant battle with management - the key people left. That does not speak well of Autel USA and supporting it's many Lite / Nano series drones. May be the same for their "enterprise" drones as well - don't know - don't have one.

That is very reassuring. I shot some nice stuff with the Lite+ in desperate lighting last week. The camera seemed as good as the Mavic 3 and better than the Nano+ (which you would expect). Still an early user of the Autel Lite+ - its a shame Autel are leaving that market. Thanks for the detailed reply.

Who told you that Autel is leaving the market? Perhaps they're having a sale to clear out inventory before the new consumer model comes out.
Autel posted months ago they are no longer making drones like the Nano / Lite line (prosumer) - so there will be no more quads of these series. Everything is enterprise related and you can see than on their website and FB Page - yes their is an actual Autel Corp FB page.

I've seen no "fire sales" recently on the Lite or Nano series. Yes, you can get a great deal thru like Costco - but if you look on Autel or other websites that sell them - the Lite series is still in the $1,100 range and has been for 5-6 months. They dropped the price on the Lite+ about the time the Lite rolled out in March / April '23 timeframe. I paid $1,400 back in Dec '22 and then about March / April the price dropped and has been same except at Costco from what I've seen.

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aerugo