Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

EVO now available for preorder at B&H

It depends what you use your aircraft for, but yes, the EVO camera has the potential to be better than your P3A.

It has the same field of view and aperture (f2.8) but it offers 4K video and 100mbps data rate.

If you shoot mainly still photos then the improvements will not matter that much to you, but for video the EVO specs are clearly ahead of your P3A.

As ever though the actual performance in the air will be the determining factor, no matter how good the camera is it still needs a stable platform to operate from and nobody really knows yet how good the EVO is going to be in that regard...
That's my problem, I only take stills for work. And the dynamic range isn't that great. Guess I'll be waiting for more updates and passing on this entry level model for the meantime. I really don't want to get another DJI. (geofencing)

That's my problem, I only take stills for work. And the dynamic range isn't that great. Guess I'll be waiting for more updates and passing on this entry level model for the meantime. I really don't want to get another DJI. (geofencing)

Then I'd say hold out for a 1" sensor.

A bigger sensor and better 'glass' are more important to you than anything we know so far about the first EVO.

If they don't plan on doing the 1" sensor, I'll just have to settle for the entry level unit. I'd assume the still picture quality will be as good or better than my current Phantom 3 advanced.

If they don't plan on doing the 1" sensor, I'll just have to settle for the entry level unit. I'd assume the still picture quality will be as good or better than my current Phantom 3 advanced.

It certainly should be, same sensor size but improved bandwidth so potentially less compression on 4K video.

As ever, wait until it is being flown by customers and read the reports on how it performs in the air.

It certainly should be, same sensor size but improved bandwidth so potentially less compression on 4K video.
Sorry, I was referring to still pictures. I would assume the newer sensor should have better IQ given the same sensor size?

What baffles me is Autel teases us with promo videos before CES 2018. At CES 2018 they show the EVO, drop the XSP unofficially in media reports, and go into hiding after CES on when the EVO will be released. Three weeks later DJI launches the Mavic Air, within hours there are reviews on YouTube popping up...and you can order it, from the company web site that day. A month after launch, I can buy a Magic Air and it will ship in 3 days. I can find it in stores. There are major magazine reviews, etc. Now that's a new drone announcement done right, whether you like the product or not.

Evo was announced nearly 60 days ago. Autel treats us like pavlov’s dogs.

Autel just posted: "Release Date and Availability Coming Soon..."

I decided to just be patient and wait for the EVO to be released. They said at CES it would be a while before you could buy the EVO because they were going back to the drawing board. I am fine with waiting.

Reactions: Squirrel!
All depends on what glass they use in front of the sensor. If they go cheap it will not be much better.
Don't forget about the infamous "carrot" lens flair the XSP has. I have never seen such a terrible solar flare in a camera lens in my life. Let's hope they do a better job on the EVO.

EVO batteries are now available for pre-order at Carolina Dronz:

Autel Robotics Evo Battery

I like the line that says "Design your own apps for EVO". The link shown on the packaging still goes to the old SDK Developers page, but indicates updated page coming soon. Sounds interesting!

Getting a little closer every day!

Reactions: Squirrel!

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials