Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Evo release date 6-25-18

Nope getting my info from setitoff as he has been the one relaying all the info for the last couple of days around. Perhaps you can offer some good info instead of bashing people on here.

Nope getting my info from setitoff as he has been the one relaying all the info for the last couple of days around. Perhaps you can offer some good info instead of bashing people on here.
Lol funny

LoL
Well he was just on another Autel forum bashing some poor guy because he had a bad time with a aftermarket prop company that makes props for Autel. Seems if we don't fit into the cheerleading section we are have no right to our opinions. If a tilted horizon is not a big issue to him I wonder what would be seeing as that is one of the problems the xsp suffered from. I' m very happy it is a easy fix, hope to start seeing some better videos with straight horizons soon.

tumblr_oynyiz5VdN1u1ljrzo1_540.gif

Reactions: Setitoff215
This is the weirdest launch I have ever seen. Very happy they gave a date for the release but man this could have been done so much better. First you have the winners of CES 2018 receiving there EVO's and posting pictures almost a week before this gets released. Then you have a dealer getting his hands on one and showing very little other then his daughter fying it LOL
And now we have a few youtubers uploading some not so good videos and saying this is just a test. Not a rock solid launch but glad it is getting going.
Was it the Parrot Anafi that made them put in a bit of effort and release just days before the Anafi? Perhaps Yuneec EU posting June 12 as the release date for the Typhoon H Plus added some motivation. Then again, with the Plus having a 1” sensor, 20mpxl camera they may not want to go head to head with it.

Anyways Cheers to Autel and I hope it is everything they say it is.
52.gif 52.gif 52.gif 52.gif 52.gif 52.gif 52.gif 52.gif 52.gif 52.gif 52.gif 52.gif 52.gif 52.gif 52.gif 52.gif 52.gif 52.gif 52.gif

This is the weirdest launch I have ever seen. Very happy they gave a date for the release but man this could have been done so much better. First you have the winners of CES 2018 receiving there EVO's and posting pictures almost a week before this gets released. Then you have a dealer getting his hands on one and showing very little other then his daughter fying it LOL
And now we have a few youtubers uploading some not so good videos and saying this is just a test. Not a rock solid launch but glad it is getting going.
Was it the Parrot Anafi that made them put in a bit of effort and release just days before the Anafi? Perhaps Yuneec EU posting June 12 as the release date for the Typhoon H Plus added some motivation. Then again, with the Plus having a 1” sensor, 20mpxl camera they may not want to go head to head with it.

Anyways Cheers to Autel and I hope it is everything they say it is.
View attachment 2284 View attachment 2284 View attachment 2285 View attachment 2284 View attachment 2285 View attachment 2284 View attachment 2285 View attachment 2284 View attachment 2285 View attachment 2284 View attachment 2285 View attachment 2284 View attachment 2285 View attachment 2284 View attachment 2285 View attachment 2284 View attachment 2285 View attachment 2284 View attachment 2285
No kidding!! This launch didn’t seem to have any plan whatsoever. They just lurched along with rumors, belated tidbits, and vague release promises. That creates confusion, as witnessed on this forum!!

I remember reading Autel laid-off most of their marketing/communications team. It shows. Having experienced first-hand in my work — company leaders who THINK they understand and can perform professional marketing usually embarrass themselves. Engineers just don’t get marketing or press/social media/public relations.

I know we have roughly 2 weeks before it becomes available to the masses but when are they going to release the app for IOs? Or is it Apple 's discretion? Reason being is that I cannot find the Explorer app on my Iphone or Ipad.

I know we have roughly 2 weeks before it becomes available to the masses but when are they going to release the app for IOs? Or is it Apple 's discretion? Reason being is that I cannot find the Explorer app on my Iphone or Ipad.
Apple has not approved it yet

I still think I'm going to take a wait and see approach to all of this. If they can't even handle the launch correctly, then I'm less then enthusiastic about what their support for this thing is going to be like.

I still think I'm going to take a wait and see approach to all of this. If they can't even handle the launch correctly, then I'm less then enthusiastic about what their support for this thing is going to be like.

I don't blame you. I'm in no hurry to speed more money on another camera drone.
Autel maybe using their dealers and beta testers like Yuneec does for most of their product advertising. Cheaper to give away a few free products in exchange for making promotional videos than it would be to pay an advertising staff. (which they don't have anymore) There’s a lot of people that will do most anything for YouTube views, and minimizing overhead is something every manufacturer wants to do.

If i see more videos with tilted horizon I may also just wait.

So, thus far we see tilt issues on several pre-release prototype videos and now in production models, as well as the removal of the 900mhz band. If I had pre-ordered this thing on spec, I'd be wanting a refund. Plus I think I'll not hold my breath on the VR app re-appearing. There are three reasons I am considering the EVO over a Mavic. 1) The DJI app on Android is pretty abysmal in terms of likelihood of it working or getting fixed, 2) DJI customer service has a reputation for being crap and 3) the GEO fencing would be a big hassle in my area. If they fixed those first two very related items, I could live with the third. And honestly they could probably fix one and two pretty easily, they certainly have the resources.

This launch is not the worst I've seen, but it is way up there. Autel needs to get their **** together toot sweet and A) fix their issues and B) communicate with their users or risk being a footnote.

Reactions: Jagerbomb52
I think losing Kenneth the top firmware guy might have set them back a bit. Not sure why he left but he was the top guy running the show for the release of the EVO. This is only the start and not even in the hands of many.......it will be interesting to see when Joe blow has it in his hands. LOL

Reactions: bobthinks
Don't get me wrong, with any new product there will be pumps along the way. It just amazes me how many Jim Jones followers jump right into a new product. They are paying $999 dollars to be the companies beta testers....What a great deal for any company :)

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuckster58