Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Evo release date 6-25-18

i may have missed this on other thread but where or who said the removal of 900mhz was part of the final product other than Originaldobo?and does anybody know the range of the drone now that 900mhz is gone?

Last edited:
Autel can't be in the drone market to make money, I mean just look at their website and store....I'm wondering how they are keeping the lights.on....I'm rooting for the Kestrels release on 6-25...Kestrel | Autel Robotics

I back checked the FCC filing and, assuming I'm reading it correctly, the Evo was tested for the 900 mhz band. The spec info in the filing (draft user's manual) also shows 900 mhz support.
See Users Manual and Test Report at: OET Exhibit List

Perhaps they intend to implement that in the future?

Section 6.2 of the User's Manual:
upload_2018-6-12_20-5-4.png

I back checked the FCC filing and, assuming I'm reading it correctly, the Evo was tested for the 900 mhz band. The spec info in the filing (draft user's manual) also shows 900 mhz support.
See Users Manual and Test Report at: OET Exhibit List

Perhaps they intend to implement that in the future?

Section 6.2 of the User's Manual:
View attachment 2292
I see but apparently we all have to wait and see when the unit launches and see if the kept it or if it's a disabled feature

Sadly it has been removed from the actual product page.

It is possible, not saying this is the reason but the 900mhz Spectrum is not allowed in the UK and if they want to get CE approval they might have had to drop it. Although WiFi is not an elegant solution it has some attributes that are likely appealing to consumer manufacturers. It’s common tech that’s relatively cheap and easy to implement, and it provides a simple means to be compliant with US, UK, and EU LOS regulations.

Removing 900MHz is potentially a big change, because they may need to re-test the FCC approval.
WiFi is never going to get the range, but you can use something like Light bridge. I'm curious to see if they implemented a custom protocol stack.

It is extremely hard for others to do what Lightbride or Ocusync is because of cost and IP, DJI have pretty much completely designed this in-house now with their own custom radio hardware and everything, it’s DJI silicone driving this now and for someone to implement it whilst they could create a similar tech the cost would be so high it would not be competitive.

I am kind of like that commercial where they sit around in a group and talk about how they are just like their dad. The guy who pulls out the flip up cell phone and says its not broke so why should I replace it LOL thats me :)

So my "very reliable" sources tell me that Autel have the EVO Pro aka EVO II in the works already and will be coming out next year but they have no release date as yet lmao :D, :D, :D

Has anyone seen an orbit video? It's probably the most rigorous simultaneous test for camera, gimbal and flight firmware...as the old timers on this forum know it's something the XSP failed to handle in spectacular fashion. IMHO if the aircraft doesn't pass the orbit test it's an overpriced toy.

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elio-Italy