Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Evo release date?

Funny, I got a message from Autel today and they said they would NOT put out a Release Date, as they couldn't confirm if it would be ready and they were still making final tweaks on it! I will believe it when I see the first reviews on it. I hope it is true and I hope Autel will post something on their website!

I asked a couple of dealer friends of mine who will be selling the EVO when and if it comes to market and so far neither have any info on the release date. The one dealer has direct lines with the VP sales/marketing in Washington so I would think he would be on top of this info. If he is not he is going to be one pissed off guy o_O

I wonder if Autel will put the EVO in the hands of a few folks to build up the hype, so when they release it, there will be prime time videos ready to go....I was impressed with the Mavic Air roll out...our group got one based on a few in depth reviews and will be flying it tomorrow for the first time. We are holding $1500 for Autel, cause we hate DJI app updates. We are waiting till June 1st, thats when we have to spend it....its either the Autel Evo or a Phantom 4 Advanced, for mapping purposes.... We cannot preorder, we have to see a few reviews on Youtube and read up on forums before we buy...come on Autel...

Just heard back from one of my dealer friends and they said that was the plan to release it then (26th) but nothing coming about it from Autel at the moment. So that is two dealers I know of that are in still in the dark about the release date.

Allot of Speculation and guessing. Could be Autel is waiting to see what DJI is about to announce on the 28th? Some think the China Trade War will affect the EVO?? I just wish Autel would put something out and let us know. I know I don't want another DJI product!

All's I know is if Autel doesn't do a 1" sensor as an offering, they will eventually close shop. Has to be done soon in order to create hype or be lost to DJI. Make a statement, become serious competition.

All's I know is if Autel doesn't do a 1" sensor as an offering, they will eventually close shop. Has to be done soon in order to create hype or be lost to DJI. Make a statement, become serious competition.
You are correct! I'm No Businessman, but I do know Autel needs to either "Crap or Get off the Pot", (as the saying goes)!

Has to be done soon in order to create hype or be lost to DJI. Make a statement, become serious competition.
Seriously? I think you have it backwards. DJI is who is concerned with AR, not the other way around. LOL

Since the Evo announcement, DJI has come out with 2 and preparing for a 3rd, drones. They didn't do this before the Evo was announced. Seems DJI is shoveling product into the market even if it isn't ready, and, after reading some posts, that is my take on it anyway.

Then you have DJI with their latest announcement and using the slogan, "Evolve with us" is a direct dig at AR, which is leading me to believe DJI is more concerned with AR than AR is concerned with DJI. Otherwise, AR would be shoveling half baked product into the market.

DJI is the biggest, but AR is most desirable. And therein lies the rub. :cool:

I guess you have to define biggest and most desirable? Wouldn't biggest mean most sales? Wouldn't most desirable mean most sales?

In battle the best defense is an aggressive offense. In this case who wins that?

I think we all hope Autel stays in business. Having just bought my 2nd used DJI, a P3A with 5 batteries, case, for $500 as a mapping drone....Im all for the drone wars and the latest greatest outdoing the previous....there are some great deals on used equipment that is proven and with no new firmware to worry about....I guess I will have to live without "gesture control" and "Selfie mode", but will be able to fly an orthorectified kml of 100 acres at the push of a button on Ground Station Pro, at 1 / 2/3rds 12 mp resolution like the EVO will have. If Autel would have come out with an SDK, I would have picked up more XSP's.. its stable up to 15mph winds and 20mph gusts....Im finding these little drones like the Hubsan, Breeze, Spark, Mavic Air are cute to hold, but do not hold up well in winds over 10mph....my breeze got blown sideways 20 ft by a gust today into a branch and I did my 1st prop replacement.... I dont think the EVO will hold up well either in winds...but we will see. I bet Squirell will be the first to post and boast about his EVO....and Im looking forward to hearing about it.

I bet Squirell will be the first to post and boast about his EVO....and Im looking forward to hearing about it.
And I'm looking forward to the boasting...But I agree, I have no doubt the Evo will not perform as well as the XSP in high [normal] winds.

The above picture is 'photoshopped', and whoever did it did a bad job of it.

The above picture is 'photoshopped', and whoever did it did a bad job of it.

I'm not a photo expert. If that's true, and Autel posted it, shame on them........ If Autel didn't post it, they should hunt down the originator and prosecute.

Anyway,,,,, it adds to the ridiculous drama.......

That picture was shot w the new Evo....I can tell cause there is no reflection and its still in factory home range settings....(just kidding you Autel bleeders...)

Reactions: Jagerbomb52

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuckster58