Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Firmware Update 2.0.12

Let us know how you made out.
Success! You were correct in that I only had to transfer the file to the SD card. The tutorial on the Autel site made it seem much more complicated when in actuality it's pretty much plug and play. A few trips back and forth to the computer to update the batteries and it's all done. Thanks again.

Reactions: Jagerbomb52
Any chance of releasing the SDK now?
Third party apps like Litchi would sure nice.

I'm thinking it's more up to Litchi than Autel. Just my opinion. They'd have to develop a whole new software package just for Autel users, and there are fewer of us than DJI users.

I wrote to Flytrex to see if they were going to offer their neat little unit for the Autel line (because I still have a Flytrex thingie mounted on my ancient P2V, which I don't fly anymore) and they said they had NO plans to do one for the Autel line. :(

Litchi has no interest with Autel and many of the interested smaller developers are losing interest very fast. There has to be a buck or two in it for them to be interested and Autel just is not big enough to care about.

That’s a real Bummer...well, guess that puts the monkey back on Autel Robotics to add additional automated features such as Pano.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ive been writing drone flight code in dev.droneblocks.io and testing it in preview mode....its pretty neat...only works on dji and ios..for now.. its based on googles blocky code, and its geared towards 8th grade STEM students....i could see Autel SDK ported to a similar blocky code.....certainly if it works w dji sdk it can work w Autel...i wonder if running starlink on an ios tablet w the droneblocks app, it the pumpkin would respond to code like in this video....

Reactions: Clint H
Not sure if this is the correct place to ask the question; but, if I buy a new X-Star Premium, what version firmware will it most likely have and if its not 2.0.12 will I have to update it before I use it the first time?
Thanks

Depending on where you buy it I am pretty sure it will come with the older firmware. Some dealers like CarolinaDronz said they will update all their stock so the customer does not have to. Places like bestbuy and Amazon will have the old firmware I would think.

Depending on where you buy it I am pretty sure it will come with the older firmware. Some dealers like CarolinaDronz said they will update all their stock so the customer does not have to. Places like bestbuy and Amazon will have the old firmware I would think.
So if I buy XSP and it has an older version firmware, is it better to stick with that version firmware and wait for the new release issues to get iron out before I update, or will I have to update the firmware before I can use it. I just want to start out with minimum problems.
Thanks

LOL
Thats the question of the day. You do not have to update to the newest firmware. It will fly just fine. A lot of us flew on it for a year till they cameout with the new firmware.
Some have had some problems but many of us don't have the same problems. Mine flies great. I like all the new features.
Upgrading has always been a personal choice, mine was to upgrade and I am glad I did.

LOL
Thats the question of the day. You do not have to update to the newest firmware. It will fly just fine. A lot of us flew on it for a year till they cameout with the new firmware.
Some have had some problems but many of us don't have the same problems. Mine flies great. I like all the new features.
Upgrading has always been a personal choice, mine was to upgrade and I am glad I did.
Thanks, that's what I needed to know. I hope to be a XSP owner soon, supporting Autel.

Reactions: Tommy Molnar
LOL
Thats the question of the day. Upgrading has always been a personal choice

Exactly right. I hemmed and hawed for months - and finally did the upgrade about a week ago. Some of the stuff is great (no waiting to 'warm up' batteries - rocket like take off - less yaw yank). Some not so much. I'm one who has experience pixilation of the video when barely away from take off point. Still need to fly in a couple different places to make sure it's an ongoing problem before I officially start complaining.

Reactions: dronechimp
ive been writing drone flight code in dev.droneblocks.io and testing it in preview mode....its pretty neat...only works on dji and ios..for now.. its based on googles blocky code, and its geared towards 8th grade STEM students....i could see Autel SDK ported to a similar blocky code.....certainly if it works w dji sdk it can work w Autel...i wonder if running starlink on an ios tablet w the droneblocks app, it the pumpkin would respond to code like in this video....

Really nice!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So, it's been a while since any new comments. Did they finally iron out all the bugs in v 2.0.12 ? (disconnects, crooked horizon, jerky yaw in orbit mode) I wouldn't worry so much if reversal was possible. I'm still on the original fw with both of my XSP's.

Nope, still the same old problems and now that they have moved on to the EVO I do not think you will see any improvements.

Nope, still the same old problems and now that they have moved on to the EVO I do not think you will see any improvements.
So, in your opinion, upgrading will be a bad move? I was thinking about doing one of my punkin's, as long as it didn't make it a paperweight.

So, in your opinion, upgrading will be a bad move?

Augustine made a post several back from this one stating that upgrading is always a personal choice. He did it and said he was happy. I finally did it and am happy with the results (as I mentioned in a previous post) as well. The pixilation I mentioned in my post had to do with the video I was looking at on my controller (Tab A), and did not affect the video I was filming. So far, I'm totally happy with the upgrade. Distance is fine, and when we get down to AZ next month I will see how the "Follow Me" and waypoint trip stuff works.

Augustine made a post several back from this one stating that upgrading is always a personal choice. He did it and said he was happy. I finally did it and am happy with the results (as I mentioned in a previous post) as well. The pixilation I mentioned in my post had to do with the video I was looking at on my controller (Tab A), and did not affect the video I was filming. So far, I'm totally happy with the upgrade. Distance is fine, and when we get down to AZ next month I will see how the "Follow Me" and waypoint trip stuff works.
LOL
Question is, how do Find what firmware version I have?

Well a good place to start would be have you updated since you got your X-Star? Most came with V1.1.3 and unless you updated to a beta or the final along the way that is where yours will be. Unless you bought it from a dealer that might have updated it before shipping.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Barry.bain