Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

First XSP Video and a 360 Photo

Nice, I see you are not afraid of flying over water. Not many people would do that so low.
Great 360 photo. I have found when the sky is clear with clouds you end up with the divider lines like you have in your sky. There are tutorials to fix that in photoshop but I find the easiest is to just replace the sky with a nice blue one or overcast works really well LOL
Great job on it. How many photos did you end up taken? 18?

Thanks! Yes, flying over the water was a bit nerve racking LOL.
I'll have to give the sky fill-in tip a try. I'm sure that would look much better.
I followed your tutorial and took 18 photos for the 360 shot, thanks!;)

The hard part with adding blue sky I always seemed to get a line that was visible. You do have to play with them.
If you want to get real fancy there are tutorials on how to not get that funnel effect when looking up but I don't bother fixing it. LOL It is what it is :)

Your images are very clear, focused.
This may be your 1st video & 360 photo with the XPS, but it is obvious that it's not your 1st work with a camera.

The hard part with adding blue sky I always seemed to get a line that was visible. You do have to play with them.
If you want to get real fancy there are tutorials on how to not get that funnel effect when looking up but I don't bother fixing it. LOL It is what it is :)

I'm with you. It is what it is LOL

Your images are very clear, focused.
This may be your 1st video & 360 photo with the XPS, but it is obvious that it's not your 1st work with a camera.

I've done a couple of the 360 photos, but this is the first video footage I made into a video.
But your right, I have taken a few photos in the past :)

You want "un-nerving"? Try this out. Completely unedited, cuz I never was going to do anything with it. Flown in altitude hold mode, untill I experienced an app disconnect. At which point I threw it into GPS mode, and hit return to home. Now, keep in mind, I had no live view, had no idea if it was actually doing what the little window said it was doing. Just had to have faith. And, it was a good 5 minutes wait, before it actually made it back. Saying I was sweating bullets, is an understatement.

Meet Google Drive – One place for all your files

Reactions: Cider Boy
If that doesn't work when you click the link, let me know. I'll put it up another way.

I turned it on, try again. If it doesn't work, I'll download it, and upload it to here.
Yeah! We have visual.
I forgot to turn on link sharing.
Right as I got ahead of the boat, I lost connection. As you can tell, they were running away from me. Later, as it was landing, a guy walked up to me and started to talk to me about the XSP. Come to find out, the people on the boat thought it was him, chasing them with his phantom 3. They called him on his cell, and asked why he was chasing them. He put 2+2 together, and took a walk to that gazebo I was at.

Reactions: KentA
Yeah... I was beginning to think it was going to be an insurance claim.

You weren't kidding! That gave me butterflies watching it go that far out over the water.

Well.....once you're out 50 feet, may as well be 50 miles, right? What got me was not having any visual feedback. And, after the app and controller disconnect, and the willies associated with it in this situation, I have to admit I lost LOS with the drone. So, all I could do was hope for the best. Now, remember, I went out in ATTI mode. And the crew was running from me... adding to the ORIGIONAL distance required to catch them. (look at the size of the boat at the end, compared to when I started) So, the failsafe RTH was almost half the speed, and against the wind. I was on a fresh battery, so, wasn't worried about juice before this brainstorm. Needless to say, I thought I lost it. When you see me throw out my arms on the landing, I'm saying thank God, welcome home.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuckster58