Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Flying in NH

mtron7450

Reaction score
Just spent a week trying to find a place to fly in White Mountains Nat Forest. Forget about it. Tried to do everything legit but end up playing telephone tag with Forest Service.
Did not fly and took the risk that the airline might damage bird because I had to check it on one leg of flight. Besides Forestry service and State pks, most of NH is in a MOA and then there's the Wilderness area, not to mention the totally forbidden Appalch. Trail. Pretty disappointing. Lesson learned. Will be sure I have a flight area before traveling with drone.

Reactions: Jagerbomb52
Well, all I can say is get used to breaking rules. If you use common sense and good judgement, you can safely fly many places that are restricted. Obviously, you don’t want to fly where it is even remotely possible to interfer with aircraft or disturb human activity, but if that isn’t the issue, it can be done. National Park’s are very strict regrading drones, but not all state parks.

I fly over state parks in Hawaii where it is forbidden as it supposedly disturbs wildlife. EXCEPT it’s OK for tourist-filled helicopters, probably 20x+ as loud, to fly over the same area. The difference? I can’t afford to lobby the right politicians...

Reactions: KentA and mtron7450

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bigmaxsg