Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Flying off Hill

jjp735i

Reaction score
I searched but couldn't find anything specific to Autel X-Star. If I fly off a hill/cliff and descend down below my take off height, will the app read - altitude. I'm not talking about a few feet, more like 50-100 feet down.

Thanks, jjp

Yes it will read minus but your home point is always from where you take off from. So if it happens to go into RTH it will climb up to your set RTH height.

But... and please correct me if I am wrong... if RTH kicks in and the XSP has lowered more than the RTH height, it will rise to the RTH from the valley floor and not the RTH from the hill or original take off point. Lost drone???
This is a question I have been meaning to ask also so I really would like clarification also.

Yes it will keep on climbing past home point and when it reaches your set RTH height it will then start its journey back home.

I am not sure I understand. If rth is set at 300 feet and the drone drops below 300 feet over the valley, say 400 feet above valley floor, won't it rise to what is 300 feet above the valley floor but still be below the rim? (Not trying to be a wise guy or a wise man... just want to be sure the drone will return home. (I am considering such a flight in the near future... of a rim with a very large drop to the valley floor).

Where you are standing is the home point. If you drop down off a cliff your Alt will read in the minus. You can fly down to lets say minus -400 feet. If RTH is hit or kicks in it will start to climb back up the cliff, past where you and the tx controller and raise to your set 300 foot.

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuckster58