Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Flying Technique Survey

WhoDatRPIC

Reaction score
I'm new to drones and have exactly 3 hours and 42 minutes of flying time :cool::) So I'm curious how the more experienced drivers steer? For my first 3 hours I used the right stick for steering and the left for altitude and the occasional yaw rotation to get use to using the right stick in the opposite direction. However, I've recently found that using the left stick yaw control for steering, and the right stick in the forward direction for speed, is the way to go! It's easier to change direction quickly and just a lot more fun to fly!!! With many more hours of practice, it seems like this would be the best way to fly this thing.

For video/pictures, it makes sense that you need to use this technique to keep the camera aimed at the subject while flying around it (I'll use the Orbit option someday). But what about just flying in general? Just looking for guidance so I don't develop bad flying techniques too early on!! :(

I too am quite limited in flying time but I saw a video or two on youtube that give you pointers. I practice doing figure 8's and kind of doing orbit mode type thing manually. It is making me fly a lot better. So it teaches you to use both toggles at the same time.

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials