Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Follow me.

Old Bama Dude

Reaction score
A good while back I was playing around with the follow me mode and as you can see from the first of the two photos, I was able to fly at a low level. I tried it today, and when I started follow me, it went up to about 100 feet and wouldn't allow me to bring it down any lower. I'm wondering if the first time was before the latest firmware update. I like being able to fly as low as I want in follow me. Am I just doing something wrong? Anyone tried follow me lately?
Follow me.jpg

Last edited:
Manual sez:

[Orbit and Follow modes cannot be activated when the aircraft is less than 10 meters high above the home point. Once you have activated Follow or Orbit mode, the altitude limit will be cancelled.

In Follow or Orbit mode, if the GPS signal of your mobile device is too weak, the aircraft will switch to hover mode until the GPS signal quality becomes acceptable again. Follow/Orbit mode will be cancelled automatically after 15 seconds of poor GPS reception of the mobile device. ]

Maybe it just shot up to minimum altitude and balked at changes. Wonder if you were above 10 meters then tried to lower? Curious...

Manual sez:

[Orbit and Follow modes cannot be activated when the aircraft is less than 10 meters high above the home point. Once you have activated Follow or Orbit mode, the altitude limit will be cancelled.

In Follow or Orbit mode, if the GPS signal of your mobile device is too weak, the aircraft will switch to hover mode until the GPS signal quality becomes acceptable again. Follow/Orbit mode will be cancelled automatically after 15 seconds of poor GPS reception of the mobile device. ]

Maybe it just shot up to minimum altitude and balked at changes. Wonder if you were above 10 meters then tried to lower? Curious...
I set it in follow me while it was hovering, then when I activated it, the drone went to about 98 feet, and when I tried to lower it, I could tell it was resisting any change. I know that's the safe return home height. Before I had it following me around at sbout six or seven feet.

Last edited:
I have never used follow me so I really don't know if something has changed in the different betas to the final firmware but I would think it might be a safety feature they added to prevent us from ending up in the trees :)

A good while back I was playing around with the follow me mode and as you can see from the first of the two photos, I was able to fly at a low level. I tried it today, and when I started follow me, it went up to about 100 feet and wouldn't allow me to bring it down any lower. I'm wondering if the first time was before the latest firmware update. I like being able to fly as low as I want in follow me. Am I just doing something wrong? Anyone tried follow me lately?
View attachment 2213
RTR, haven’t tried that but I Love creating flight plans in the living room on the iPad then go out and let’r go

Bama’s last game was almost too much for the ole ticker
Lord do have Mercy........
Xsp still running ?
Yep, no tree landings lately, but I haven't been flying as much either. We will be in Milton Sunday at Pine Terrace Baptist for the graduate recognition. Granddaughter graduating from Miltion HS.

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ranga