Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

From Australia, considering buying an Autel EVO

Aaron

Reaction score
Hi guys I am in Perth, Western Australia. I currently have a Yuneec Q500 4K but am looking for a second quad. Really interested in the Autel EVO and looking forward to seeing some reviews and thoughts when it officially launches.

Autel tell me they do not have a dealer here in Australia and there are no retailers here either that are selling them so if I want one then I will need to get it online through a dealer in the US and ship it to Australia.

Anyone else in Aus done this? I see there are one or 2 other members on this community that have them.

Anything I would need to be mindful of?

Reactions: Downunderpilot
There are a few people who have ordered from CarolinaDronz in the US. There will be extra shipping but they have shipped X-stars all around the would but they extra shipping & duty is on you. The biggest problem I have seen are people trying to get extra batteries shipped. Might have something to do with new Lipo shipping regulations. Not sure on that one but it is something to consider.

For warranty shipping it back the CarolinaDronz might be your best bet to resolve any issues.

Reactions: HiloHawaiian
There are a few people who have ordered from CarolinaDronz in the US. There will be extra shipping but they have shipped X-stars all around the would but they extra shipping & duty is on you. The biggest problem I have seen are people trying to get extra batteries shipped. Might have something to do with new Lipo shipping regulations. Not sure on that one but it is something to consider.

For warranty shipping it back the CarolinaDronz might be your best bet to resolve any issues.
Yea, shipping batteries is an issue to Hawaii too. They can’t be in an unpressurized cargo hold on an airplane. I think B&H ships internationally, since they ship to Hawaii. To travel, you must buy Lipo-safe bags and hand-carry batteries in carry-on baggage, and show them to TSA before the scan of backpacks...

Reactions: Hawkeye Alaska
Hi guys I am in Perth, Western Australia. I currently have a Yuneec Q500 4K but am looking for a second quad. Really interested in the Autel EVO and looking forward to seeing some reviews and thoughts when it officially launches.

Autel tell me they do not have a dealer here in Australia and there are no retailers here either that are selling them so if I want one then I will need to get it online through a dealer in the US and ship it to Australia.

Anyone else in Aus done this? I see there are one or 2 other members on this community that have them.

Anything I would need to be mindful of?

Hey Brother, have a fosters

When buying from Amazon(or any other USA only sellers) you'll need a shipping agent. Do a little research there's plenty of competition, in the end, we as the customer we are the only winners.

30 June onwards gst will be a factor.
Research and realise this was a long time coming.

Batteries and importation.
At some point in recent history some lipo batteries where on there way here to straya. Apparently this particular carton was carrying 3. One of batteries spontaneously combusted, causing a fire on board the aircraft. Thus changing all the rules. Do your research, we can only import 2 at a time.

Last point, aside from the unrivalled bang for buck the xstar premium was and is.
The after sales customer service is in its own league. Yes warranty does not exist, honestly if the evo is 1/10 the xstar premium. You'll be right as rain.

In summary, I without hesitation will be buying an evo.

Any other questions, inbox me.

Live lightly

Gday Aaron.did you end up getting the evo .i also live in WA and want to buy one with a couple of batteries but is a bit of a drama getting them here

Hi mate no in the end it seemed a little too complicated to me given there is no dealer network here. There was a few grey areas and uncertainty and I ended up getting a Mavic 2 Zoom. Only got it last week so only 2 flights so far. Very impressed.

Good to hear your happy with your new one .its a pitty they don't sell them here considering how many drones get sold in oz any way thanks for the reply. Happy flying

I actually wanted to buy one after seeing YouTube videos and reviews and as an alternative to DJI. Hopefully one day they get themselves setup here.

Reactions: Rickter
Hey mate, just got back from Aus on holiday and my Evo was used just about everywhere I could. The views are amazing and I'm looking forward to working on the vids I took. No issues at all were experienced and I definitely recommend it. With the hdr and 60fps at 4k, you'll get some unbelievable footage.
Planning for another holiday already!

Reactions: Rickter
That's fantastic. Where is home for you? I was on holiday in California 2 years ago and wish I had a drone back then. Heaps of great area to fly here in Western Australia.

That's fantastic. Where is home for you? I was on holiday in California 2 years ago and wish I had a drone back then. Heaps of great area to fly here in Western Australia.

Home is currently in Seattle, WA, for the moment.
The places I visited whilst on holiday: Townsville, Melbourne, Adelaide, and Port Lincoln.
I plan to hit Sydney next and possibly head back to Melbourne after.

Mate you missed the best state in Australia. Western Australia.

I know heaps of mates in both SA and Victoria while a few in NSW. Don't know anyone on WA. So for my first foray, I figured I would play it a bit easier and then branch out over several trips. But there are heaps I want to see in WA for sure!

Hi mate no in the end it seemed a little too complicated to me given there is no dealer network here. There was a few grey areas and uncertainty and I ended up getting a Mavic 2 Zoom. Only got it last week so only 2 flights so far. Very impressed.
Hi Aaron, i realise you have a DJI now but you can buy the Evo in Oz now. They have a facebook page Security Check Required you can talk on messenger

Yep I purchased one locally and fortunate for the local warranty as mine developed a fault in the first few days of owning it. Had to send it back for repair. Kinda bummed TBH.

Hello there guys just wanted to let u know I have an autel evo I'm from nsw recently had a small crash and had to send back to USA I sent it off on the 15th may and I'm still waiting for it to come back it cost $70 to post it there then a repair bill with postage at $338 dollars the was repair worth $ 88 so the rest was all taxes and postage and a long wait to get it back

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elio-Italy