Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Geo Fencing

Photoman482

Reaction score
Has Geo Fencing been activated in the Evo drones yet? It's such a pain to unlock a DJI that I'm considering getting rid of the Mavic and getting an EVO.

No it hasn't. It is there, and notifies you at times to fly responsibly, but it does not interfere with the operation of the drone in any way. My DJI to EVO II comparison could help you make an informed decision regarding acquiring an Autel EVO II.
Thanks for this response. My main concern is still image quality. Vid is second. Very happy with DJI image and Vid quality.
I tried to unlock my Mavic 2 on the job site yesterday, I've never done this before but it seemed pretty straightforward. It wasn't. I had all the proper authorizations. Followed all the bad directions from DJI tech support but it still didnt work. Complete waste of time and you dont know this until you actually get on site.

That's a great shot. The Evo ll pro is my next move if I can't get this freaking Mavic to unlock,

Thanks

Also shows amazing steadiness of that gimbal... @herein2021 had specifically mentioned that this was a test of the low light level capabilities of the 6K camera... shot at f2.8 – 1/5 sec shutter speed. o_O

And yes, this is the shot that sealed the deal for me... 👍

Reactions: herein2021
That's a great shot. The Evo ll pro is my next move if I can't get this freaking Mavic to unlock,

Thanks

The video quality out of the EVO II 6K IMO is better than anything I got out of any DJI drone including the Inspire 1 with the M43 X5 camera. What really makes the video quality stand out is the perfect LOG curve that Autel implemented with their sensor. DJI always threw away more data than could be recovered with their DLOG profile IMO. Autel's ALOG is very easy to work with and to grade. The video below is an example of what can be done with the Autel EVO II 6K. I shot the entire video in ALOG with manual settings and graded it in Davinci Resolve.

Also, as @Eagle's Eye Video stated, it is amazingly stable, far more so than any DJI drone I have flown when flying in windy conditions. With no wind the DJI drones and the EVO II are about the same, but of course no wind is not realistic most of the time.

Has Geo Fencing been activated in the Evo drones yet? It's such a pain to unlock a DJI that I'm considering getting rid of the Mavic and getting an EVO.
DJI's restrictive "Fly-safe" system, makes flying more dangerous in certain situations, and has bit me in the butt 5 times in the last two months (work). I don't need a drone to take control away from me and land, not being able to control what it will land on, whether that be a car moving under it or a baby carriage.

I bought an Evo II Pro for a backup and it's quickly becoming my primary over the Phantom 4 Pro.

Once I get an airspace authorization from the FAA and if necessary, work with the Military towers in the area, it should be enough. If you live in an area with no intersecting airspace, you might be OK with DJI. If you have it though, stay away from DJI. I've had it detect runways that don't exist, which even aren't on their "Fly-safe" map, and refuse to take off. I've had it take control and land in intersecting airspace (can't handle more than one unlock at a time) and detect restricted areas that are over 1/2 mile away and not take off (while a base was waiting for me to finish before flying helicopters). Last Tuesday was another one. I was flying in Class D airspace and they showed an intersecting blue zone for an airstrip. The airstrip was for a helicopter landing pad. There is no runway there. Being intersecting zones, I could only load one unlock, so I couldn't fly.

What DJI doesn't understand though, is their way of "reducing risk" of lawsuits (and let's face it, that's what this is about) actually increases it by taking physical responsibility for it's actions through it's software. They can use a disclaimer, but their actions override it. Hopefully, Autel understands this and won't start that crap.

Reactions: UasDriver
The video quality out of the EVO II 6K IMO is better than anything I got out of any DJI drone including the Inspire 1 with the M43 X5 camera. What really makes the video quality stand out is the perfect LOG curve that Autel implemented with their sensor. DJI always threw away more data than could be recovered with their DLOG profile IMO. Autel's ALOG is very easy to work with and to grade. The video below is an example of what can be done with the Autel EVO II 6K. I shot the entire video in ALOG with manual settings and graded it in Davinci Resolve.

Also, as @Eagle's Eye Video stated, it is amazingly stable, far more so than any DJI drone I have flown when flying in windy conditions. With no wind the DJI drones and the EVO II are about the same, but of course no wind is not realistic most of the time.

That is a BEAUTIFUL video clip - absolutely stunning!!

I purchased an Autel 6k and I’ll be receiving it this afternoon. Can’t wait to use it. I won’t be able to make videos like you did right away but it is something to strive for!

I was also concerned about the geofencing because I read a couple of articles online last night which talked about the introduction of geofencing to the new firmware for EVO Pro 6k. I emailed the woman who I am working with at Autel and she assured me that there is still no geofencing on its drones. Fingers crossed.

Thanks for sharing!

That is a BEAUTIFUL video clip - absolutely stunning!!

I purchased an Autel 6k and I’ll be receiving it this afternoon. Can’t wait to use it. I won’t be able to make videos like you did right away but it is something to strive for!

I was also concerned about the geofencing because I read a couple of articles online last night which talked about the introduction of geofencing to the new firmware for EVO Pro 6k. I emailed the woman who I am working with at Autel and she assured me that there is still no geofencing on its drones. Fingers crossed.

Thanks for sharing!

Thank you for the compliment and I look forward to seeing your creations. The Autel EVO II 6K is a great platform for both video and photography; the LOG profile in the 6K is very easy to color grade as long as you use the histogram to expose it properly and something like Davinci Resolve that can grade it properly.

I agree, excellent video; one of the better ones I've seen in quite some time. it's amazing what this drone can do and how it can be presented using davinci resolve. looks like I have quite a ways to go but something to aspire to! :)

I've had an Evo II Pro for about 8 months. It is a replacement for my Mavic 2 Pro. I bought it mainly because I was tired of the DJI geofencing. With that said, I haven't yet updated to the very latest firmware as of this post 8/5/2021. I thought I would check and make sure that Autel hasn't started adding geofencing or other restrictions. Does anyone have up to date info on the very latest firmware?

I've had an Evo II Pro for about 8 months. It is a replacement for my Mavic 2 Pro. I bought it mainly because I was tired of the DJI geofencing. With that said, I haven't yet updated to the very latest firmware as of this post 8/5/2021. I thought I would check and make sure that Autel hasn't started adding geofencing or other restrictions. Does anyone have up to date info on the very latest firmware?
Looks like they are adding it to the EVOII in the newest update but it won't prevent you from flying yet... but seems it's coming sooner than later. Nothing about the older EVO updates yet that I see. Autel EVOII update has GeoFencing but will not limit flight "yet"

Can anyone who has upgraded to the newest firmware in the US, confirm that the new firmware isn't enforcing the geofencing ?

Reactions: hispeed68
Can anyone who has upgraded to the newest firmware in the US, confirm that the new firmware isn't enforcing the geofencing ?
Before downgrading, I tried V2.7.25 out for some tests. The only things I saw were pop up warnings about restricted areas along with a voice telling me I was in a restricted area. However, it did not stop me from flying. You could always try it, then rollback if you don't like it.

Reactions: hispeed68

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chen