Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Greetings from Houston area

jellis

Reaction score
I am new to drones, have been a RC heli pilot for many years.

Welcome jellis, you will learn a lot here, if you can fly a rc helo, this drone will be a cake walk for you

Welcome jellis, you will learn a lot here, if you can fly a rc helo, this drone will be a cake walk for you
Thank you.
I am having a difficult time, becoming comfortable with the drone at altitudes over 50 ft.
Maybe, I need a better monitor? I am using my cell phone, and it sure is hard to see. I see the videos of drones, I am guessing that you have to depend on the view from the cell phoe, or hit home button.
I am impressed, with the stability.

Thanks,
Jim

Welcome, I too flew helicopters and now they are collecting retirement. I personally use my I pad with sun shade which I love. I usually fly it out and back while watching pad, it has so far been spot on and seeing the orientation in the lower left keeps me in check and piece of mind. I am sure others will chime in and give you their thoughts. A lot of really good advise and wisdom here, so again welcome and safe flying....

I use a 10" tablet. I couldn't see my phone well enough to feel comfortable. I don't use Sun Shields at all. I have a Matte Anti-Glare Screen Protector on my tablet screen.

During launch I watch the Drone until I'm clear of any obstacles, depending on obstacles, 50ft or higher. Then I watch the viewer not looking at the Drone until time to land.

During landing I watch the Drone until I'm nearby and down to the altitude I used during launch to be free of obstacles. Then I watch the Drone and always hand catch.

If I start looking back and forth between the Drone and the viewer I get confused and will even start moving the joysticks the wrong direction......

Welcome to the site. Anxious to hear more from you. Especially comparing Drone flying to Heli flying!!! :)

Hello,
It is a pleasure to welcome you to the AutelXPilots forum.
I hope that you will be able to use the forum to further your safety knowledge and for the exchange of innovative ideas and as a resource for current developments in Autel quadcopters.
Enjoy!

Thanks, all.
This some good information. Now I need a good tablet.
I have only flown the drone a couple of weekends. I am finding the drone more fun and relaxing.
Regards,
Jim
Rosenberg, Just south of Houston.

I agree. It's a hobby and you should be relaxed. The first few flights I was very nervous, but with my XSTAR it's easy to relax. I use a 10" tablet also, and after taking off I very seldom look at the drone. I just look at the camera view on my tablet. Anyway welcome to the forum. You'll get great advise, as I have.

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuckster58