Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Greetings from the Great Basin

Sundog775

Reaction score
I've been a proud XSP owner since March. These forums are a great way to learn and share knowledge about this impressive machine, and I'm looking forward to participating.

Hello,
It is a pleasure to welcome you to the AutelXPilots forum.
I hope that you will be able to use the forum to further your safety knowledge and for the exchange of innovative ideas and as a resource for current developments in Autel quadcopters.
Enjoy!

Well welcome Sundog. Glad you found your way over here. This is by far the better of the two forums for the X-Star. Lots of knowledgeable people here. And we like to have fun and see your videos and pictures to :)

Reactions: Sundog775
Well, I guess I just have to show my lack of knowledge. Where is the Great Basin? (I am pretty sure you do not mean the Basin and Range Province of Nevada, which is what comes to my mind).
And indeed welcome.

Yes indeed, what comes to your mind is correct, home to everything from Great Basin National Park to Great Basin Brewery, and my home for more than 50 years (Reno/Tahoe area). Like one of my favorite bumper stickers says: "It's not just a good basin, it's a Great Basin!". And thank you for the welcome, it's good to be here!

Welcome aboard Sundog
Thanks, Randy, hope you're enjoying that new bird! I've had mine since March, have never had a single non-operator problem. All of my contacts with CS have been informational, trying to work out a mapping process without an app, and I have always found them to be very responsive and helpful. I'm 100% convinced that you (and I) have made the best choice!

Thanks, Randy, hope you're enjoying that new bird! I've had mine since March, have never had a single non-operator problem. All of my contacts with CS have been informational, trying to work out a mapping process without an app, and I have always found them to be very responsive and helpful. I'm 100% convinced that you (and I) have made the best choice!
Yes I am sure we have, living in West Virginia keeping it within range is a must . Not my first drone but after flying it will be the only one for sure. Love it!,,

Welcome Sundog,
Glad to hear you bought the best drone available. I'm very happy with mine. I'm still on firmware 2.0.3 for now, which has been a worry free version. I've never had a fail in any mode since I got mine. Waiting for more information before I install the new firmware update. Just being cautious.

Welcome Sundog,
Glad to hear you bought the best drone available. I'm very happy with mine. I'm still on firmware 2.0.3 for now, which has been a worry free version. I've never had a fail in any mode since I got mine. Waiting for more information before I install the new firmware update. Just being cautious.
Well, we're both on the same page with that one. I've been very much in the "If it ain't broke, don't fix it" mode with the firmware update. I guess I've just been lucky, but my horizons are always level, my auto-land works perfectly (I always use a Launch Pad), I've never had a battery issue (possibly because I rotate through 6 batteries, and none of them have more than a dozen charge cycles), and with the Raptor antenna I get great range with no loss of video or disconnects. Maybe because I'm a complete novice when it comes to video, but to me even the panning looks nice and smooth as long as I use Stick Mode 3 so I can pan with my right hand (being right-handed). I'm also using a tripod mount whenever possible; I feel like that gives me more control over the sticks. There are definitely a couple of features in the updated firmware I'd like to take advantage of, and I'm sure I will update pretty soon, but for now I think I'll hold off a little while longer. Just very glad Autel isn't like the "other" drone company where they force updates on you whether you want them or not!

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials