Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Hello from Fullerton, CA

Wildseyed

Reaction score
So there is a good story on how I became a XSP owner. I was working from home yesterday, when I spotted an XSP for sale on Craigslist for $350. It was a pawn shop about 30 minutes away, so I grabbed my son for the HOV, and called the guy to hold it for me. When I got there, I was disappointed to find that there was lots of damage to the gimbal, and some to the frame One battery was bloated so much that it would not fit in the body, the other one was good though. I could not get transmitter to bind, or see anything through my phone, so I told the guy that it was too busted for me, and he said "I'll take $200", like he already knew what the true condition was. He only accepted cash, so I went across the street to the gas station ATM, and for the first time in my life, the ATM gave an extra $20 bill! I told the attendant, cuz I'm honest, and he said "keep it". So $180 and the busted up XSP was mine. Last night I took everything apart. The gimbal has two bent shafts, one motor is seized, and the main ribbon to the gimbal controll board is sheared off. The camera is ok, as are the two motor controllers, and first and third motors. I connected everything outside the case, and performed a firmware update, and Viola! Now everything works, no gimbal of course. I'll keep an eye out for broken gimbal bits, and who knows. Maybe my luck will continue.

Reactions: KentA
Hello,
It is a pleasure to welcome you to the AutelXPilots forum.
I hope that you will be able to use the forum to further your safety knowledge and for the exchange
of innovative ideas and as a resource for current developments in Autel quadcopters.
Enjoy!
*X-Star Premium User Manual
*X-Star WiFi User Manual

Unfortunately, gimbals for the X-Star are hard to come by and pricey when you do. Good luck with your repairs. :)

So there is a good story on how I became a XSP owner. I was working from home yesterday, when I spotted an XSP for sale on Craigslist for $350. It was a pawn shop about 30 minutes away, so I grabbed my son for the HOV, and called the guy to hold it for me. When I got there, I was disappointed to find that there was lots of damage to the gimbal, and some to the frame One battery was bloated so much that it would not fit in the body, the other one was good though. I could not get transmitter to bind, or see anything through my phone, so I told the guy that it was too busted for me, and he said "I'll take $200", like he already knew what the true condition was. He only accepted cash, so I went across the street to the gas station ATM, and for the first time in my life, the ATM gave an extra $20 bill! I told the attendant, cuz I'm honest, and he said "keep it". So $180 and the busted up XSP was mine. Last night I took everything apart. The gimbal has two bent shafts, one motor is seized, and the main ribbon to the gimbal controll board is sheared off. The camera is ok, as are the two motor controllers, and first and third motors. I connected everything outside the case, and performed a firmware update, and Viola! Now everything works, no gimbal of course. I'll keep an eye out for broken gimbal bits, and who knows. Maybe my luck will continue.
Jeez, what did the owner do with it? Use it for a baseball? Good luck.

Welcome to the forum from Ontario Canada.
I can say not many cameras come up for sale. Many of us watch ebay and the other sites for deals. Your best bet is to buy a WiFi refurb. Same camera andthe refurbs go for like 350 bucks. Give Autel a call and put your name in for a refurb. They sell them as they get them.
If you have no luck with a camera you can always part that sucker out. :)

It sounds like you have an interesting project.
Can you get it to fly & film with the gimbal frozen in one position?
If not, you may also be interested in this credit card gimbal
Funny you should show this video. I was thinking the same thing. I have a small Foxeer camera setup that could easily fit in the same place. The ribbon cable coming out of the top is cut, so there aint nothin happnin below that point.

Funny you should show this video. I was thinking the same thing. I have a small Foxeer camera setup that could easily fit in the same place. The ribbon cable coming out of the top is cut, so there aint nothin happnin below that point.
Have you checked out this video from Autel? You can order a replacement cable from the online store as part of the "parts replacement package" package for $20. It appears to be in stock.

Gotta keep 'em flyin'

Reactions: KentA

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rudymuller