Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Hello from northern Wisconsin

Lee

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
I'm Lee. I got my xsp about 2months ago because of my love of photography. I joined the group because I put my drone in lake Superior yesterday. Got a refurbished model on order and hope to be back in the sky soon and learn from my mistakes and from the forums.

Hello,
It is a pleasure to welcome you to the AutelXPilots forum.
I hope that you will be able to use the forum to further your safety knowledge and for the exchange of innovative ideas and as a resource for current developments in Autel quadcopter’s.
Enjoy!

Welcome to the forum Lee, sorry for the loss, can you illuminate us on how it finished like that and don't worry we all have our own little stories with mishaps.

I set up the drone to get some shots of the Ariel lift bridge in Duluth MN. As soon as I took off about 12 ft up and started forward the drone broke hard left then looped back turning at about 45 deg accelerated down to the water. The metal in the area must have messed with the compass. I checked the flight recorder and it was about 5 sec flight in almost a figure 8.

Really glad for you Lee, I wonder where were they able to get the info from the flight record, in the RC ? Thanks for your report since it may help us if we get in the same situation,
very glad for your report and for Autel`s superb service.

Really glad for you Lee, I wonder where were they able to get the info from the flight record, in the RC ? Thanks for your report since it may help us if we get in the same situation,
very glad for your report and for Autel`s superb service.
It is all recorded on the device you plug into the controller. Had to upload to the cloud and give them access to my account.

Ok thanks for that info. , so do I have to set up my device that would record the flight? Sorry for the noob questions but it is the outmost importance to see what was the fault of the unit if it gets lost.

Ok I had also those settings enabled but I did not know they could gather much more info as in the case of Lee.

I have always suspected they could get even more data from the controller by using one of the ports on it. When I had my controller apart installing the 4Hawks antenna I should have looked around a little more to see if there was indeed a SDcard to store info. Not often they ask for the controller back like in Lees case.

Update!! Autell could tell from the fight record that there was a malfunction and will be shipping a new drone when the get my controller back. Very unexpected and very impressed.
My first XSP was a flyaway on it's very first flight. Never found the drone. Contacted Autel about it. Explained to them that I was new but not new. I was a new owner and that was my first drone, but not new to flying them as I had been flying my sons XSP for several weeks before my purchase. Autel had me fill out a few forms, send them everything I had in it's case, and they sent me a new drone within a week and a half. Autel is AWESOME. They could have told me to get bent because they couldn't even look at the drone to see if it was my fault or theirs. Instead, they sent me a whole new setup.

Kudos to a great client service company, I am proud to own one of them and chose them for my first GPS enabled drone.
So far not a single fail or crash with 18 hours total.

one of the main reasons i am now full orange from the customer service i hear about. never had to use it and hopefully never will, but sure is piece of mind
happy flying and good to hear you will be in sky before long

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hakles